Access to driveway/property

Philo

You need to clear your PM inbox. Until you do, I can't respond to your message re dropped kerbs.

just cleared it it cheers

The white 'H' could seem a good idea, except that it also excludes you from parking in front of your own drive, so could be a mixed blessing.

just cleared it it cheers

PM sent.......

The white 'H' could seem a good idea, except that it also excludes you from parking in front of your own drive, so could be a mixed blessing.

Hmmm, it's not illegal to park on the 'H', it's basically a warning in a way that 'Ooooo, look...there's a road marking in front of this drive I'm about to obstruct, maybe I should park somewhere else'.....if it was your own car and observed by any kind of person who has traffic control authority, then I'd presume they'd probably ignore it, or at least knock on your door and ask if the car is yours or has been left by someone else...:)

No it wouldn't. The H marking is advisory, it carries no legal status and isn't enforceable. Same goes for a Keep Clear marking. The Council's line was always that the property owner shouldn't have an H marking to reserve themselves a parking space and that such usage of the marking could result in it being removed.

Well that makes sense. Blocking the car on the drive is still a ticketable offence (I think unless you inform them so that you can be asked to move if required), and I can hardly block myself, so I don't think an H would be appropriate.

My daughter,who is a wheelchair user,and I live in a house which has been refurbished.

We have a paved area with double gates,and a new concrete parking area outside.We

struggle to use the gates to our home because visitors to a business next door often

park on the tarmac dropped kerb. They totally ignore the double yellow lines which

begin at the top of the road and end just past our house.

My daughter,who is a wheelchair user,and I live in a house which has been refurbished.

We have a paved area with double gates,and a new concrete parking area outside.We

struggle to use the gates to our home because visitors to a business next door often

park on the tarmac dropped kerb. They totally ignore the double yellow lines which

begin at the top of the road and end just past our house.

You need to email or call parking services, tell them when the abuse of the waiting restrictions occurs and ask them to take action. tel: 0114 273 6255

email: [email protected] <[email protected]>

It wasnt the police (and I didnt ring them, they walked down the road I live on so I asked them for advice) it was them safer neighbourhood people.

Sorry if you though that I was implying that you had phoned the police, I was just saying it was not a police matter, And yes it is law:|

You need to email or call parking services, tell them when the abuse of the waiting restrictions occurs and ask them to take action. tel: 0114 273 6255

email: [email protected] <[email protected]>

Thank you for reply, We have called parking services on several occasions. They attend speak to offenders and drive away. The cars are back as soon as parking services are out of sight. There are cars parked illegally every day,I only act when my daughter is inconvenienced on her infrequent trips outside.

Thank you for reply, We have called parking services on several occasions. They attend speak to offenders and drive away. The cars are back as soon as parking services are out of sight. There are cars parked illegally every day,I only act when my daughter is inconvenienced on her infrequent trips outside.

Unfortunately, that does happen, so I'd say you need to be persistent. Call parking services every time you see an offence. Record how many times you've asked them to act, ask them to tell you how many tickets they have issued on your road in the last 12 months (put in a feedom of information act request if the don't give you the info). If you are dissatisfied with the service you are getting:

• Complain - write to the Council and explain your dissatifaction. Make sure you put COMPLAINT at the top of the letter. They have set procedures and timescales for dealing with them
  • Speak to your Councillors and tell them about the problem. Get them on your side and ask them to to speak to parking services on your behalf

The more noise you make, the more likely you are to get action.

i have this problem daily as i live near a school and it drives me insane,last year someone completely blocked me in,i waited for them to return and the women had the nerve to tell me she had to cos "she was late"..i replied..so your late which means i'm late. sometimes it annoys me that much when i'm returning home i just park alongside and then it gridlock !