Pub crawl in the early 80's

I do not have total recall but a vague recollection of the Crookes & Broomhill, West House & West Street and Nether Edge crawls. To paraphrase: "If you can remember the 80's pub crawls, you weren't there".

Brewery tap? Where was that?

Brewery tap was the bottom of Snig hill- under the mucky duck! (Complete angler)

The angler was sometimes known as the upstairs part and the tap the downstairs part.

Brewery tap was the bottom of Snig hill- under the mucky duck! (Complete angler)

The angler was sometimes known as the upstairs part and the tap the downstairs part.

thats cheating tch, a pub crawl in the same building

thats cheating tch, a pub crawl in the same building

You had to go outside and stagger up Snig hill for about 25 yards so its almost the same as walking a mile! Especially after one of their pints.

It was like drinking battery acid!

never been in that place, hopefully ill be going to see half man half biscuit att he boardwalk in feb, i believe the mucky duck is that building

I used to meet girls in the pubs and clubs, have my evil way with them, then tell them that Id meet them under the Co op clock at the top of Snig hill on the following Friday.

Then Id sit in the Angler near the doorway having a pint, watching them arrive and wait for me.... then after 30 minutes theyd go.... god I was a horrible creature.

One week I pulled two girls and had my evil way with both.... told them both that Id meet them on Friday and sat there sniggering and sipping a pint as one, then the other turned up....

I got a little worried when they started talking to each other... and almost swallowed my pint glass when they crossed the road and started heading straight towards me!

I legged it into the back of the pub but theres no escape from there! One way in and one way out so I was cornered like the rat that I was!

They knew each other and... That was a bad night.

Pat and Jackie, you taught me that hell hath no fury like a womans wrath and you showed me what it was like to wear a couple of gin and tonics and my own pint.

Blue Bell, Dove and Rainbow, Golden Ball, Little three tuns, back up- sometimes to the Pig and Whistle, then Stonehouse, Hallamshire, West street Hotel, Saddle and then Limit !

West Street Hotel, how could I miss that off my list! With the bar football table in the little games room!

Yes that was always part of my Saturday night as well.

I used to meet girls in the pubs and clubs, have my evil way with them, then tell them that Id meet them under the Co op clock at the top of Snig hill on the following Friday.

Then Id sit in the Angler near the doorway having a pint, watching them arrive and wait for me.... then after 30 minutes theyd go.... god I was a horrible creature.

One week I pulled two girls and had my evil way with both.... told them both that Id meet them on Friday and sat there sniggering and sipping a pint as one, then the other turned up....

I got a little worried when they started talking to each other... and almost swallowed my pint glass when they crossed the road and started heading straight towards me!

I legged it into the back of the pub but theres no escape from there! One way in and one way out so I was cornered like the rat that I was!

They knew each other and... That was a bad night.

Pat and Jackie, you taught me that hell hath no fury like a womans wrath and you showed me what it was like to wear a couple of gin and tonics and my own pint.

:hihi::hihi::hihi:...Classic post.

They turned up?.:o.

:hihi::hihi::hihi:...Classic post.

They turned up?.:o.

It got to a point where I couldnt go into a pub in sheffield because there was always some girl there who I had "Used." Usually theyd come over and warn the current girl I was with that I was a two timing piece of.... poo.

My days as a gigolo were short lived and VERY dangerous at times :D

Only one I can't remember is the Geisha Bar, where was that?

Only one I can't remember is the Geisha Bar, where was that?

on the high street on the right, crazy daisy ish?

Brewery tap? Where was that?

Bah, A Sam Smiths pub, one new years eve, we travelled over from Rotherham, and settled in the "tap" for the night, got our seats nice and early and the beers flowed, damn pub then closed at 11.45 with out notice and we were turfed out:mad:

We let in the new year in the "hole in the road" and sulked off home.we were only 17...sorry 18:| at the time.

The West St shuffle was always popular.. else Three tuns, Golden Ball, Stone House, Museum, Pig and Whistle, Sportsman and Barley Corn.

Edited by TAT