The Blake Hotel, Blake St

I loved the strawberry beer tonight with a bag of crisps and my husband enjoyed his real ale ;) wish we could go back 2moro

congrats to james.

not been in yet but apprently its a lot like his other pub the sheaf view.

Going tonight for the first time with some friends,looking forward to it as I loved, (still do) the Sheaf View when I lived in S8

Going tonight for the first time with some friends,looking forward to it as I loved, (still do) the Sheaf View when I lived in S8

Went last night. It was quieter than usual, probably due to most people sleeping off their NYE excess, but it was a nice atmosphere and very good beer!

Will this mark the return of the Blake Street Dash? A sprint up the (allegedly) steepest street in Sheffield with a gallon of beer to the winner. Probably better attempted before rather than after an afternoon in the pub.

Lovely beer and a great atmosphere. Thoroughly recommend it!

I was in there too last night, a really great place. This is a pub that I never thought would open again, just goes to show what vision and cash can do. I wish it every success.

Also the staff are a credit, one barman followed me to my table with the drinks that I couldn't carry, simple, but great customer service.

One more thing, all those lovely european lagers, at this rate I'll be a conniosseur :D

I was in there too last night, a really great place. This is a pub that I never thought would open again, just goes to show what vision and cash can do. I wish it every success.

Also the staff are a credit, one barman followed me to my table with the drinks that I couldn't carry, simple, but great customer service.

One more thing, all those lovely european lagers, at this rate I'll be a conniosseur :D

Exactly...yet too many pubco's are more than happy to see their pubs go to the wall so they can flog them for flats.

Went in here yesterday with my dad. Great Public House.

midday - 11pm, 7 days a week

They've reduced the hours then !!!

Exactly...yet too many pubco's are more than happy to see their pubs go to the wall so they can flog them for flats.

Or turn them into mosques.

29-11-2010 I've been for a few visits now, I'm delighted to have a new local. Brilliant new boozer.

Good luck to James and the team.

The last time Snafu wrote a post before this was 22-12-2007, 21:26. Is there a prize for this sort of thing? :hihi: