What do you think of black ops now?

I've gone back to Bad Company 2 now. The new maps they released are excellent, and the game, though more demanding on the hardware, runs smoothly and well. It's much better than Black Ops.

Still loving it, the theatre mode is so much fun. Now that I've got the hang of the maps, guns, how many shots it takes to kill people etc it is much more enjoyable. I've not had any problems with the connection or lag after I changed my settings to only look for local games online (360 btw).

I've gone back to Bad Company 2 now. The new maps they released are excellent, and the game, though more demanding on the hardware, runs smoothly and well. It's much better than Black Ops.

The news maps are brilliant aren't they. Particularly enjoying Harvest Day Rush - excellent! Struggling a bit with the Apache's on Oasis though.

I take it you're on PC?

The PC version is still broken for me despite patches. Single player is very jittery and laggy, and multiplayer still has frequent lags.

This is on a PC that I built that can run Crysis max detail without breaking a sweat.

Thanks for that news..

I spent ages last night trying to figure out the jitter problem but to no avail, it still jitters and is a bit choppy in places.

Too much of the video cut scenes and not enough game-play.

The news maps are brilliant aren't they. Particularly enjoying Harvest Day Rush - excellent! Struggling a bit with the Apache's on Oasis though.

I take it you're on PC?

Yep. Home built i5 760 + GTX 460. 1680x1050 max detail, 60fps. :cool:

I've not had any problems with the connection or lag after I changed my settings to only look for local games online.

After reading that i tryed it and it has been running a lot better. Had a few full games and i think i only got kicked about 3times. After playin a bit i have got in to the game a lot only been back on mw2 when the connection was very bad. I still dont like that way that you buy things tho but apart from than and the connection i think its a very good game overall.

have only ever played COD MW2 and Black Ops but have seen Medal of Honour is only 19.99 in gamestation. Is it worth a punt?

have only ever played COD MW2 and Black Ops but have seen Medal of Honour is only 19.99 in gamestation. Is it worth a punt?

The campaign is pretty good but the multiplayer is poorly designed and the player numbers are now very low.

If you're into multiplayer you'd be far better off buying Battlefield Bad Company 2. It's definitely the best out there. There's just been a new map pack released which is awesome.

BC2 offers much more than the COD series. You've got destructible environments, lots of vehicles, huge maps, great ranking system, realistic gun physics, brilliant sound. Also - the servers aren't full of 12 year olds.

I had BC2 and realy didnt like it i did think it was more realistic than cod but cod does its own thing thats why i stick with cod but i do think its ita a lot moer easy to get kills on BO than it was on MW2 anybody eles think the same?

I had BC2 and realy didnt like it i did think it was more realistic than cod but cod does its own thing thats why i stick with cod but i do think its ita a lot moer easy to get kills on BO than it was on MW2 anybody eles think the same?

BC2 does have quite a high learning curve requiring a good many hours to click with it but once you get settled in it's simply amazing. It really frustrates me when people give up on it so soon.

I have played MW2 a bit but just find them way too simplistic and arcadey. Just same old, same old.

Edited by Unisol

Unisol, i'm starting to agree with you about Black Ops, (still not a fan of BF) but am getting increasingly annoyed in Black Ops(xbox) with the lag, pubecent kids, people using the same overpowered gun, and in general exploiting every glitch possible to get them ahead as they cant play the game properly.

Might have to give BF another chance...

Might have to give BF another chance...

You should. What is it you don't like?

After the latest patch and recent map pack - what's not to like!! It's damn near perfect.

I found it really tough and unforgiving at first but just stuck at it (dying lots!) and gradually it all made sense.

I play regularly in a clan which makes the teamwork even more fun. We played a few rounds the other night which were truly awesome.

Another thing I love about BC2 is all those 'Battlefield Moments' where you regularly see something happen that just makes you go "wow - did ya see that!"

Lots of people I know are buying the game back for the excellent map pack 7 and don't forget Vietnam is due out on 21st Dec which looks wicked.