Work hard but still skint!

I work full time earning £14K, have a mortgage, a child etc.... and am constantly frustrated about how skint I am. I sometimes wonder if it is just me or if other people struggle as much as I do. At the end of the month, once all bills are paid I'm lucky if I have £50 spare for clothes, a social life or luxuries. I'm interested in knowing if it is just me or does everyone else share this frustration?

Inflation is going up but pay isn't to tie in with it. Everyone is struggling but family is number 1 :)

Good on you for working hard for your loved ones, i'm lucky to have any money at 18 even though I work enough. Money is tight these days i suppose

I'm not entitled to WTC but get CTC and CB. I know this increases my income but Istill remain skint. I don't know what I am doing wrong! I question if my expectations are just too high but I don't have anything to compare myself to. I don't have Sky, smoke or run a car, I have a few debts that I pay but nothing unreasonable. I just feel rubbish sometimes that I can't afford to take my child on holiday or even to the cinema once a month and I don't go out with my mates very often. Is Scampi and salad regarded as a luxury? - I sometimes question if I should eat more beans on toast!

same here i earn 28k after tax and with 2 kids own house and bills i still only have about 15 quid left a week and with the kids wanting to go out to them crazy play centre things that could last 5mins just not eveything is to high priced and to low wages

I'm not entitled to WTC but get CTC and CB. I know this increases my income but Istill remain skint. I don't know what I am doing wrong! I question if my expectations are just too high but I don't have anything to compare myself to. I don't have Sky, smoke or run a car, I have a few debts that I pay but nothing unreasonable. I just feel rubbish sometimes that I can't afford to take my child on holiday or even to the cinema once a month and I don't go out with my mates very often. Is Scampi and salad regarded as a luxury? - I sometimes question if I should eat more beans on toast!

I have sky but live off toast lol. I know what you mean and when you do have a bit spare you feel guilty for not being sensible with it.

Not much help but vue cinema have a 95p per person offer on weekend mornings for parents and children!

Good on you for putting family first, I hope things pick up for you

Seriously, you could probably cut your food bills considerably and eat better if you cooked fresh foods at home.

Cooking fresh foods at home sounds wonderful but working a 40 hour week and being a single parent to a teenager doesn't leave me with much energy at the end of each day....but I am open to suggestions! What do you all spend on food? I'd say I spend around £250 per calendar month....is that a lot do you think?

Cooking fresh foods at home sounds wonderful but working a 40 hour week and being a single parent to a teenager doesn't leave me with much energy at the end of each day....but I am open to suggestions! What do you all spend on food? I'd say I spend around £250 per calendar month....is that a lot do you think?

For a two person household I'd say that's a bit steep actually; there are three of us here and our spend is maybe £160. I know what you mean about the tiredness, it is hard to be arsed about cooking sometimes when you're knackered. Making more than you need of soups, or spag bog or whatever and freezing it can be handy for times like that.

Full time, £14k and have a child?

You should be entitled to working tax credit?

Why not make a spread sheet, and then you have all the ins and out in black and white. Then you can look at things more clearly. Its suprising were you spend more then you should be doing.