Benefit Changes a big mistake

It's not crap, it's more fair and more effective. There is no moral argument to punitively tax the well pay. They already pay disproportionately more than their share.

How can you call it fair to suggest that over 3 quarters of someone's earnings are taken away, just because they happen to earn a lot? Your idea of fair is very very skewed.

You can't even distinguish between a tax and a voluntary commercial payment like car insurance!

How come some can go a lifetime without claiming JSA and others go a lifetime without being arsed to get a job? Maybe because the system makes it so much easier for them not to! I've been self employed now for a number of years. If I'm sick I don't get paid. If I go on holiday I do not get paid. If I have no work I don't get paid - in other words, NO WORK, NO PAY - It's my choice to be self employed, those are the facts and I don't whinge about it. I've never expected something for nothing!

How come some can go a lifetime without claiming JSA and others go a lifetime without being arsed to get a job? Maybe because the system makes it so much easier for them not to! I've been self employed now for a number of years. If I'm sick I don't get paid. If I go on holiday I do not get paid. If I have no work I don't get paid - in other words, NO WORK, NO PAY - It's my choice to be self employed, those are the facts and I don't whinge about it. I've never expected something for nothing!

Now thats generalising to the extreme.

What about people with dyslexia, you can't go on the sick for that, how are you supposed to get a job when you suffer from that ?

You make it sound like people who are dyslexic are incapable of anything.

Dyslexia is difficulty with reading and spelling. Does not stop heavy lifting, cleaning, business management, fitness instructing or many other jobs.

There are some people who doubt whether dyslexia even exists. But that's another story for another day.

No it's not. Many people are self employed and choose to work. They work very hard and don't get paid for holidays.

Today is a brilliant day in benefit reform.

You can't go on sick for dyslexia Corker because it is not an illness, it's a disability that does not prevent you from doing quite a wide range of jobs!

You can't go on sick for dyslexia Corker because it is not an illness, it's a disability that does not prevent you from doing quite a wide range of jobs!

Like I said, some people will overcome obstacles while others consider them convenient cover for a life of idleness. It's those people these changes should hopefully shake out of the system.

No, it isn't. If I don't work, I don't get paid. If Sally doesn't work, she doesn't get paid. That's our reality. The only money we get as self employed people is the money we earn by getting out there and earning it day by day.

You sit on your backside pretending that struggling to understand Mr Men books makes you incapable of stacking shelves and under the old rules our taxes pay you to do nothing.

Well the rules just changed and we're not paying for you any more. Get over it and get a job.

As someone who has worked in this world for many years, would anyone tell me what the difference is from the New Deal, unless unemployment now = a crime?

Yours, HH.