Benefit Changes a big mistake

I would have come for an interview! I have 5 years admin experience.

I've applied for a few jobs but most of them don't even bother getting back to me.

I'm looking for decent wages (£14K+)

We were offering £12-£14 - the ads were online for weeks, but only had a handful of applicants... I'm posting another in the morning, but that is a kids job on £100 for a school leaver...

Do you use mysheffieldjobs, or go on companies websites that are based in Sheffield? I was told that there were quite a few jobs like we were offering knocking about and that was why we didn't get so many apply :confused:

My mate temps for Office Angels on long term contracts, and sometimes for 'select'? He never has any breaks between, and he's done that for the last 6 or so years... Might be worth looking there?

They are not going to give up their wealth without a fight, nor are the poor, but the situation remains, were all going to be a bit worse off for a few years.

Disability benefits shouldn't be higher than a 40 hour week at minimum wage IMO.

You have a real blind spot where the disabled are concerned. You ignore the fact that they can in some cases literally not work and that in most cases they incur costs that able bodied and non disabled people do not.

There are relatively few disabled people and they are assessed and given an amount that makes it possible for them to lead a life, if that happens to cost more than the minimum wage then so be it.

Minimum wage is lower than it should be and we don't have a maximum wage yet to ensure there is a limit to how much exploitation is allowed of the lowest paid.

A maximum wage makes no sense at all, and the minimum wage is really quite generous.

The disabled don't have that much to worry about, tis the immigrants that should worry, they are going to get blamed, they will be discriminated against and some may even be beaten to death, they'll probably have a pop back and we all know how tit for tat ends, not very well for the minority.

I doubt that immigrants are going to have any problems, most of them that are still here are working.

The only way to solve that problem is to have progressive taxation.

A 77% tax rate for incomes over £1million PA would be a start.

A start at destroying the tax revenue and the economy yes...

How long do you think it would take for these people on that sort of salary to relocate to Geneva? About a fortnight I think, taking all their tax with them.

the crime rates gonna soar if people get their income cut off for 3 years

they could always get a job

You have a real blind spot where the disabled are concerned. You ignore the fact that they can in some cases literally not work and that in most cases they incur costs that able bodied and non disabled people do not.

There are relatively few disabled people and they are assessed and given an amount that makes it possible for them to lead a life, if that happens to cost more than the minimum wage then so be it.

A maximum wage makes no sense at all, and the minimum wage is really quite generous.

I doubt that immigrants are going to have any problems, most of them that are still here are working.

Relatively few disabled people, what world do you live in?

There are more people claiming disability than JSA.

Fair enough they have some extra costs, but there are many multiples of benefits overlapping and covering these costs. Besides the extra costs can be covered by the NHS and NHS style services councils currently operate.

A start at destroying the tax revenue and the economy yes...

How long do you think it would take for these people on that sort of salary to relocate to Geneva? About a fortnight I think, taking all their tax with them.

Not if you ban them from conducting business in this country if they relocate.

they could always get a job

and theres jobs for EVERYBODY? dream on, specially if the doleskum are doing jobs for their dole and thousands of public secter workers do in fact get sacked.

then theres those that CANT get a job and those that WONT

it aint a clear cut nicely nice purely black and white everybody lived happily ever after story

when you get mugged and murdered for your cash and mobile dont come running to us :P

the crime rates gonna soar if people get their income cut off for 3 years

It appears they will get a lower hardship payment instead, however, unlike the current hardship payment, it will be some form of loan akin to a student loan, in order to increase their future tax rate when earning. Perhaps the 32, 41 and 61% tax rates most under 35 year old (graduates) face (with incomes of £125pw+, £288pw+ and 720pw+ respectively).

Edited by chem1st

:thumbsup: You wrote my post for me. The economic naiveté and ignorance of the average person (Or Labour politician) never ceases to amaze.

On the Labour point they seem to be banging on about the number of vacancies versus unemployed which is truly stupid. Firstly the vacancies are a fluid not static number and secondly these proposals only punish those who refuse offers of work making this argument totally redundant. If work truly doesn't exist they wont get offers and therefore wont get punished!

Not if you ban them from conducting business in this country if they relocate.

Quite the totalitarian aren't you?

Quite the totalitarian aren't you?

77% would not be that bad of a tax for them.

80, 83 and 98.5% income taxes existed quite recently for the highest paid.

Unless we have these higher taxes for the higher earners, we will never tackle inequality. Progressive taxation is needed, 61% for current graduates and 51% for the elders on high incomes is just too low.

The higher classes whom tax themselves relatively little whilst increasing the burden of the poor are the totalitarians.

and theres jobs for EVERYBODY? dream on, specially if the doleskum are doing jobs for their dole and thousands of public secter workers do in fact get sacked.

then theres those that CANT get a job and those that WONT

it aint a clear cut nicely nice purely black and white everybody lived happily ever after story

my post was in response to an earlier post regarding people losing benefits for 3 years which given that they will do this only after the 3rd time they refuse to work then they are clearly in the wont category