The 2010/2011 snow Megathread

Any news on the buses/trams /trains please.

Pretty much everything is cancelled unsurprisingly.

Information posted: 01/12/10 @ 0757

Traveline:

Due to extreme weather conditions, in the interest of staff safety and welfare, the Traveline Telephone Service may be subject to a delayed opening.

We are working with members of the Travel South Yorkshire Partnership to provide as much information as possible through this website, please be aware that the situation is constantly changing dependant on wether and road conditions

Buses:

Services which are running are subject to severe delays - sticking to main roads only.

In the interests of driver and passenger welfare all First services in Sheffield, Rotherham and Doncaster have been suspended until further notice, the situation will be assessed during the morning.

In the interests of driver and passenger welfare, Sheffield Community Transport services have been suspended until further notice, the situation will be assessed during the morning

In the interests of driver and passenger welfare, Stagecoach services from Rawmarsh have been suspended until further notice, the situation will be assessed during the morning.

In the interests of driver and passenger welfare all Mass school services across the county will not operate today.

Stagecoach Barnsley have informed us they are awaiting driver reports on the services which have left their depot

Stagecoach Ecclesfield have informed us the following regarding routes from their depot:

Supertram Link 1 - main roads only

Supertram Link 2 - suspended

Srv 35 - suspended

Srv 77 - Ecclesfield to City only

Srv 79 - Ecclesfield to City only

Srv 83 - only running as far as Hunters Bar

Srv 88 - only running as far as Hunters Bar

Tates Travel

Srv 56/57 have been sent out on route - awaiting driver update

SRv 94 Running to Hospital

Srv 227 running Barnsley to Wombwell only

For information on School Closures road closures please listen to local radio or visit http://news.bbc.co.uk/local/sheffield/hi/people_and_places/nature/newsid_8418000/8418793.stm

For information on local road closures please listen to local radio or visit BBC Travel News

For up to date information on local roadworks visit our roadworks section.

Supertram:

Both Yellow and Blue routes are operating a 20min service until further notice.

Rail Services:

Northern Rail have suspended services between Sheffield and Leeds

Other routes are operating a reduced service until notice for more details please visit http://www.nationalrail.co.uk.

2 and a half feet :o :O :o just waded across our field to the road with my partner and its up to my thighs and im about 6ft-0" ... scary!!!

almost a blizzard here in hillsbrough :(

I am 37 so I do remember winter 1983' date=' but I now reckon this the deepest snow I have ever seen in my life. 38 cms in S2[/quote']

I think the snow was deeper when I was a kid once, I remember a snow drift up over our kitchen window, but this is deep.

Its slowing in beighton but there has to be at least 2 foot of it out there, i can't see my car :help::love::hihi:

Heres a few pics that Mrs Handypandy took from our bedroom window, half an hour ago clicky

Edited by handypandy

20 inches and counting. Heavy snow in Wisewood :(

Thinks its stopping in S2 at the moment, but had some false alarms already on that score

looking out of my front window we have about 2ft here and its still snowing