The 2010/2011 snow Megathread

lol! lots of use of the words potential, possible, most likely, expected. :hihi:

The Met Office at least give percentages. It doesn't make the forecasts any less useful but at least you know how possible they think something is.

the best bet it to look on netweather.tv, they really know their stuff!

Its just tried snowing up here in S8, about half hour back,Norton end.

Well that wouldn't suprise me i was driving through Hillsborough at around 11 last night it was sleeting i couldn't believe it to be honest :o

Cheers Gritter. Any idea when it's likely to begin?

Can anyone remember when it started reeaally snowing last year? Which month was it??

It started in earnest about a week before christmas last year. I remember because I was meant to be travelling over to Manchester for staff do and it had to be cancelled. It stayed then till the end of feb

It started in earnest about a week before christmas last year.

We drove to Norfolk through thick snow on December 18th, exactly a week before. I don't recall if that was the first day of it or not, but it makes you just about bang on.

The Thursday before Xmas I believe - as my hubby's grandfather went a purler and broke his hip :(

We drove to Norfolk through thick snow on December 18th, exactly a week before. I don't recall if that was the first day of it or not, but it makes you just about bang on.

It had snowed a little when we went to the final Nativity play at Chatsworth, but there wasn't much on the ground. There was a foot or so when we came out. Not sure of the exact date, but the last one is the 19th this year, so 18th sounds right to me too.

The Thursday before Xmas I believe - as my hubby's grandfather went a purler and broke his hip :(

It was, as I was driving home for Christmas that day and that was the first time it snowed.