The 2010/2011 snow Megathread

if the woodhead is closed due to the weather then its likely the snake is too

given the reports about the reports about the state of the roads within the city i can't imagine that roads outside the city will be better

We are ment to be visiting the outlaws for the weekend, might have to tell the mrs we cant go :D

We are ment to be visiting the outlaws for the weekend, might have to tell the mrs we cant go :D

it might be open by the weekend

it might be open by the weekend

SHHHHHH! (lol lol lol)

not long come off snake pass not closed yet,as for goin to scouseland glad its not me

got a light dusting of snow here today again, more expected tonight and tommorow at least

ICE!

Seriously everyone pedestrians and motorists, be careful in the morning it is an absolute skating rink on un gritted roads and pavements already.

Anyone remember THAT black ice morning last January? Well I suspect it will be just as lethal Friday morning.

ICE!

Seriously everyone pedestrians and motorists, be careful in the morning it is an absolute skating rink on un gritted roads and pavements already.

Anyone remember THAT black ice morning last January? Well I suspect it will be just as lethal Friday morning.

yep i second this ive just come home from work and its really slippery so i dread to think what it will be like in the morning drive and walk carefull guys!

I've just helped the man next door to defrost the locks on their car doors, I did it the natural way, thankfully the passing police officer was very understanding and only gave me a caution.

I've just helped the man next door to defrost the locks on their car doors, I did it the natural way, thankfully the passing police officer was very understanding and only gave me a caution.

wont that freeze up again :)

I made it to my appointment this afternoon - just, but have unfortunately become stuck at my parents' on Lowedges as my car doors have frozen solid! We've even tried using a hairdryer but no joy. Will resort to warm water tomorrow but not risking getting home on those dicey roads tonight.

Stay safe everyone and keep an eye on your elderly and disabled neighbours xxx

wont that freeze up again :)

I'm guessing not due to the salt content? :hihi: