The 2010/2011 snow Megathread

eeeeeeeeeeeee! whilst theres no buses round here more snow is good :)

had to beg a loaf of bread from my mum earlier though...that 45 min walk home was terrifying...if someone spotted what was in my bag i was likely to get mugged :hihi:

no bread anywhere in killamarsh...damn those panic buyers!!!!!!!

sorry whats the s yorks. streamer??

A narrow and continuous band of showers all heading in the same direction - we had one the other day.

A narrow and continuous band of showers all heading in the same direction - we had one the other day.

One report said showers but if they merge we could get a couple of hours of snow, this backs up your post.

Right all, need a bit of advice. I live on a cul de sac on an estate which has a main road running through it. The main road is over a foot deep in snow and is stopping hundreds of people getting their cars in and out of it. However, although the busses are not yet running, the roads off the estate are driveable.

If I was to ring the council would somebody come and move the snow and grit the main road? It would mean so many people could get to work and would get the whole estate moving again. At present even 4x4's are struggling and I haven't been able to get to work for two days now.

really slowed now s21 :( wheres them blizzards?!

There here in S26 - Just got all the snow off my car and now its about an inch deep on top once again. Wish I hadn't bothered!

There here in S26 - Just got all the snow off my car and now its about an inch deep on top once again. Wish I hadn't bothered!

Yes i've just done the same. Never mind exercise is supposed to be good for you . :hihi:

Nothing in Shiregreen still. :(

I can see clouds moving quickly across the sky and the whole place looks pretty dull at the moment, but no snow at all.