The 2010/2011 snow Megathread

Is Argos on Angel Street open, supposed to be picking up an order from there today?:help:

Its horrific in Ecclesfield!! Measured it in the back garden and 17inches. Its horrid....the co-op in the high street has run out of milk and bread!!..So..becareful lol x x x

Try to help out your elderly neighbours :) x x

Before opening new threads about snow related issues......would people people please note that there is already a snow megathread in operation!!

Come on, the megathreads are pointless and you can't debate anything properly, information gets covered up much like footprints in the ground in the snow.

I like your 'example' Chemist! :D But the fact remains that there is a reason for the megathread, it's to stop duplicate posts littering the forum like 'snowflakes'.

Multiple threads tend to cause confusion!

I like your 'example' Chemist! :D But the fact remains that there is a reason for the megathread, it's to stop duplicate posts littering the forum like 'snowflakes'.

Multiple threads tend to cause confusion!

I can see his point tho, saves you trailing through 57 pages

in america alot of people have ploughs that attach to cars which is a great idea, id like to get one for next year.

That's the point i was making, the council doesn't need to buy expensive giant snow plows, all you need is a 4x4, van with a plow on front, even a dustbin lorry could probably do it.

in america alot of people have ploughs that attach to cars which is a great idea, id like to get one for next year.

even better idea, get SCC to attach some to their vehicles with flashing lights and fill the void at the rear with a thing called grit for ballast and drive them round Sheffield to check if anyone can drive above 30 mph while dodging the potholes ,if they can within one month it will have speed bumps on it :o:roll:

Does anyone know if there are taxis at the train station? I am hoping the manchester-sheffield will open later and then I need to get home.

Does anyone know if there are taxis at the train station? I am hoping the manchester-sheffield will open later and then I need to get home.

I can't see it... I don't know though.

anyone know what happens to tickets bought in advance for a train thats cancelled? refund or a replacement ticket??

Just started again up at Gleadless. Oh my days!!!