The 2010/2011 snow Megathread

Well, thats the last of it. It heads off down south now.

Apparently, South Yorkshire has bore the brunt of the snow - with us having as much snow as in the North East, but the ultimate difference is ours was over a few hours, where as theirs was over a few days...

Apparently, South Yorkshire has bore the brunt of the snow - with us having as much snow as in the North East, but the ultimate difference is ours was over a few hours, where as theirs was over a few days...

yeah thats about it, looking at that rain site yesterday we were getting it in quick bursts and lower down it was one constant stream, reaching over sheff.

its still off and on here

Well, thats the last of it. It heads off down south now.

I wouldnt be so sure, it will be with us well into Thursday.

Removable plows aren't that expensive, they have vehicles to attach them to. We seem to be the only country that can't manage to deal with a tiny bit of snow.

A tiny bit of snow, where do you live then, LA??? its 2 foot deep here where I am!!! this is not a tiny bit of snow, this is worse snow for a long long long while. fair enough if it was just an inch but its extremely bad!!!! :rant:

it is a tiny bit, if it keeps this up for a month or whatever - then it's bad. atm it's just a pain in the butt for a few days

I have to say we are now experiencing the kind of snow levels I saw in Canada last year. Although we don't expect this to go on for the same length of time I'd like to point out that residents are responsible for clearing the path around their home, which no one seems to bother with here.

We should have a couple of snow ploughs though, even if to just go round the city centre

Can anyone is S11 tell me what Ecclesall Road is like please?

It's a long, tarmacked length of street where buses and cars drive. But that's not important right now! ;)

(in tribute to the late Leslie Neilsen)

(Sorry, couldn't resist that one)

I'm not near enough to Eccy road to see, but I can tell you that where I am, it's a nightmare. and I'm not far from it.

BBC and Metoffice now say snow, constant (apart from Fri day) untill Sunday!!!

well I cant even see mine...its buried :(

well at least you wont lose it, errrrrrrrrrrm