The 2010/2011 snow Megathread

I like this guys thoughts , was spot on about last winter , made the call months beforehand about how bad it would be. Warning though.. he has controversial views ;)

http://www.accuweather.com/ukie/bastardi-europe-blog.asp?partner=accuweather

He can't be that accurate, it says it's heavy rain in Sheffield at the moment... It's as dry as a bone where I am! :hihi:

If he's mostly right then, the snow-lovers will be really quite upset. Including me.

By the way I got sent an old saying by an emailer about The United Kingdom in November... something like when theres ice in November to support a duck, the rest of the winter is mud and muck... Interesting since I dont think this winter will be nearly as cold as last winter...

He doesn't do day by day forecasts , just general trends but he was calling last winters bad weather in late summer 2009 and he was spot on

He doesn't do day by day forecasts , just general trends but he was calling last winters bad weather in late summer 2009 and he was spot on

His winter forecast had sever cold over continental europe this year, but with the uk missing out on the big freeze.

What he has missed is that we will basically have tonnes of lake effect snow this year, I predict more than last year tbh.

The winds will be coming in straight off the north sea for the majority of winter, picking up moisture and dumping it as snow. Once the high pressure systems get established, and the je t stream moves south, were screwed.

Let it snow...love the stuff. Just seen weather forcast. It is on its way this week

Hate the stuff. Five mile walks to work and five mile walks back, here I come. As if my job isn't crap enough as it is.:mad:

If I cant get to my normal office I have to attend at the nearest place of work for me , which is about 200 yards away unfortunately :(

I'll go ballistic if I bother to trudge in and end up with the same pay for the day as the lazy gits who can't be bothered setting off, on foot, a couple of hours earlier than usual. Especially as I'm by far the oldest bugger there.

Not a fan of the snow here either! Live at top of a big hill and don't drive - with two little un's in a prams it's def snow fun at all. Could always see about getting a ski lift erected!

My friends just posted on facebook that its snowing!! Shes lower end of Wincobank. Anyone else got any? I'm wondering if shes had a drink or two lol...:suspect: