Mcdonalds parking fine!

The correct question would be "whose fault is it that a customer of McDonalds was issued with a threatening letter demanding a penalty payment for parking in an area designated for McDonalds customers to park?"

I would say it was McDonalds.

i agree thankyou x

ohh wait for all the comments about it being your own fault!!, just remember, its an invoice, NOT a fine legally you do NOT have to pay it, and NEVER talk to the company ok!!

If he's telling the truth and he was in McCraps all the time, he should moan to the company. It's perfectly reasonable to be there a couple of hours or more for a kids birthday as long as he's not feeding any kids the food.

That would be child abuse. :D

i have just recieved a letter through my post, it is a £80 parking fine for parking in a mcdonalds carpark for 2 hours, i was all of this time inside the mcdonalds restaurant which is by a srevice station in derby,!it states the time i arrived and the time i left and that i was there for longer than the maximum period! i never saw any signs stating this and as for being there 2 hours we met my mother and father in law there to celebrate our sons 1st birthday and with doing this inside mcdonalds, we was eating inside mcdonaldsand the kids played in the play area provided and my little one opened his presents and took there time eatin there dinner without bein rushed, but had we been aware of this i would have had to rush the kids to eat there dinner etc just because we cant ark for more than 2 hours!!!!! rediculous!!!

Dont,Dont, Dont, Dont pay it! they where all over watchdog a few weeks ago they cannot inforce it and they would have to prove you was driving your car anyway which they cannot do. Its only an invoice and like the man on watchdog said 'the best thing to do with this is make it into a little paper aeroplane and throw it out the window!'

Of all these people telling the OP not to pay, to ignore the letters, have you actually had a ticket and done that?

Saying ignore it and actually ignring it are 2 different things.

Of all these people telling the OP not to pay, to ignore the letters, have you actually had a ticket and done that?

obviously.

But saying ignore it and ignoring it are the same thing.

I have had one from a pvt company never paid it and heard nothing since!

Yep I have, had the letters from whites solicitors and the phone calls, just blanked them and nothing happened.

the letter was sent with all the information of me as the registered keeper and details of my car stated, it also says there is 'photographic evidence' could this cause me a problem if i was to say i wasnt driving the car??? or to jus ignore the letter??

the letter was sent with all the information of me as the registered keeper and details of my car stated, it also says there is 'photographic evidence' could this cause me a problem if i was to say i wasnt driving the car??? or to jus ignore the letter??

They can get this info from DVLA im sure anyone can get this info without to much effort. If you contact them in anyway they will pester you to pay and threaten you will scary looking letters if you ignore it they will just get bored and move onto the next sucker who will pay. Also remember this they are running a bussiness so the more it costs them to inforce a invoice the less they make!

Yes i took the advice and havnt heard a peep out of them..

Edited by Panthera

Whilst I appreciate the fact that they might be hacked off by all the non-customers parking there, whenever a business decides to implement a 'system' that is so simplistic that it in turn hacks off genuine customers, and some of them might decide not to return, then it is a business decision.

It's a thorny one milquetoast, many seem to believe that since these 'fines' are unenforceable then there's nothing to stop them parking their vehicles on private land. Obviously in the OP's case they have a perfectly reasonable excuse to have exceeded the 2 hour parking restriction. But what about the others who park there without using the restaurant?

If it's the restaurant I'm thinking of on the Kingsway, I've visited before and the car park has often been heaving with vehicles, yet the restaurant half empty and the petrol station not particularly busy, so clearly legitimate customers are unable to park whilst others abuse it.