Do you actually weigh yourself?

I'm currently on a weight loss program and have been weighing myself once every day since the 1st of July and charting the results to ensure I keep my eyes on the prize. I love writing down a weight today that is less than yesterdays. Weighing myself daily has proved to be very interesting as each day I find out if I trained and ate correctly the day before. The scales don't lie if you have accurate ones. Even when I reach my target weight, I'll always weigh myself at least every few days. I've found it an invaluable method to keep focus. Weighing myself has enhanced my life, I love my scales.

I'm exactly the same. This post could have been written by me. I also weigh myself at other people's houses for comparison!

I've lost three stone now and recently did one of those before and after pictures! People were shocked that I was so big to start with - it's as if they hadn't noticed!!!

Hi Gina2007! The wii fit is brilliant! It's a bit different to the main wii games as it's something you can really do by yourself but it gives you more of a work out than you think you're doing at the time - you're motivated to beat your friends and family's scores and the games are funny to play! (My favourite is the hula hoop - which my kids think I look hilarious doing!). ON the other side though - it can also help you exercise gently if you follow the yoga moves!! Definitely worth a go - you can sneak 20 mins when the kids are occupied or get them to take it in turns and put the xbox down!! I'm interested in the kinect as well - am awaiting the reviews when it's out!!

I think i'll give it a go! Same here with the kinect - haha it'll be down in price in a fortnight anyway :D

Having used the wii fit and wii sports, I can tell you that it's nothing like actually going to the gym or for a run. It's gentle exercise that will burn a few tens of calories, not hundreds that an hour in the gym will burn.

I'm not expecting it to make me loose 3stone in 3 weeks ;) Just something to build up on what I already do. As ive said, back in the first post, I dont weigh myself I look at my body shape and think 'keep going'. So y'know, I dont expect anything to do wonders on me. If it gets my heart rate up, and gets me slightly out of breath, it can only be good cant it :D

Sex is great for core muscles and stamina. As part of my community work I'm giving away free sex for a month for any ladies wishing to get thin. PM for details. Thanks.

Sex is great for core muscles and stamina. As part of my community work I'm giving away free sex for a month for any ladies wishing to get thin. PM for details. Thanks.

PMSL :hihi::hihi:

I'm not expecting it to make me loose 3stone in 3 weeks ;) Just something to build up on what I already do. As ive said, back in the first post, I dont weigh myself I look at my body shape and think 'keep going'. So y'know, I dont expect anything to do wonders on me. If it gets my heart rate up, and gets me slightly out of breath, it can only be good cant it :D

If something did make you loose that much, it would be bad for you. Even regular workouts in the gym aren't going to cause a change of more than a kilo a week if you want it to be sustainable.

But yes, wii fit is better than nothing, but it's worse than the gym, so if you have a choice, do some real exercise instead.

I weight 9st9lbs am 5ft9 and I'm all man (just not much man).

I've gained about 2 st in just over a year, it seems a lot but for my frame I needed it!

Last time I weighd myself I was 8st 2lb and 5ft 2. Before I was 6st just about.

Well, it depends. If I`m on diet to have more effect over it, I `m weighting myself from time to time.

But, i`m doing this very often, because I know what I`m eating and the consequences of this.

dave,

I've got two little one's. One's 30 Month and the Other 9 months so Losing my baby weight the second time round is hard. I tried dieting just after she was born and couldn't stick to it as I weighed myself daily so got upset that i hadn't lost a lb one day to the next. I started healthy eating a week ago and weighed myself at boots I'm currently 10stone 5lb which for my height 5ft 3.7" is overweight by 3 lbs according to the scales in boots. I've since got rid of my scales so i don't become obsessed with getting weighed daily, and going to do it weekly now instead. My goal is to lose a stone from my weight now, but I know it will be hard but i am determined this time to stick to it

I get weighed once a week as I am on a diet.

Currently down 33lb, the scales can seriously make or break my week.

I dont think I could weigh myself daily. I have my off days, I certainly dont train either. I take friends dogs for walks once or twice a week, rarely use buses but walk places now but thats as far as it goes really. I'm not unhappy with how I look, just think I could look better.

Technograce; how is the wiifit? Ive got the wii and I play a few games, but find that the xbox controls our house so im sat about. Thinking of investing in the new kinect though! And get some active games.

Must add! The last time I got weighed was around 11 months ago, so the weigh hasnt fallen off, very gradually come away.

hehehe wait until you're walking a few miles a day with Molly - Size 10 before you know it!!! :hihi: