Do you actually weigh yourself?

Putting it blunt, im an overweight slob. Id rather sit on computer games than be 'out there' doing different things. But ! Thats not because I want too but I struggle with confidence issues (on top of my depression and anxiety attacks) so I dont really venture out anywhere, which is why when I do its with 4 furry things who dont like me. I and im not sure if other people with the same problems as me do it, but I buy things to make me feel better, I have my nails done, and get my hair cut. Then I think well I feel better so, I can give myself some slack with eating healthier. The mind works in strange ways!

Is there any physical sport you would love to do if nobody could see you doing it? Were there any sports or activities you loved doing in the past or that you enjoyed? I ask because if you can think of anything, your only issue is then finding a way to do it privately just when you first start out which could bring about all kinds of happy feeling and new found confidence. Just a thought.

Is there any physical sport you would love to do if nobody could see you doing it? Were there any sports or activities you loved doing in the past or that you enjoyed? I ask because if you can think of anything, your only issue is then finding a way to do it privately just when you first start out which could bring about all kinds of happy feeling and new found confidence. Just a thought.

At the moment, im concentrating on taking the dogs out and hopefully, in time i'll get myself sorted out mentally. Thanks for the help though :)

Not often, although I weighed myself about a month ago and it kickstarted me into losing a bit, I've lose half a stone so far and want to lose another 1 stone, I'll stick to once a fortnight weigh in, the loss is much better, plus the odd slip up doesn't show up.

I weighed myself last week on digital scales and was shocked at how much I was. Not weighed myself for ages before that.

I weighed myself last week on digital scales and was shocked at how much I was. Not weighed myself for ages before that.

Think you could shed 50 of them extra lb's for my OH cause hes screwing :|

I get weighed fairly regularly, supposedly the scales also track % muscle, fat, water, etc...

I do a lot of sports and exercise, but I'm trying to loose a few kilo's so it's good to see the progress.

Think you could shed 50 of them extra lb's for my OH cause hes screwing :|
:ohas someone stole 50lb? they really should give it back

I weigh myself before a poo, and after.

I weigh myself before a poo, and after.

Come on then! What does your poo weigh?:D

I dont think I could weigh myself daily. I have my off days, I certainly dont train either. I take friends dogs for walks once or twice a week, rarely use buses but walk places now but thats as far as it goes really. I'm not unhappy with how I look, just think I could look better.

Technograce; how is the wiifit? Ive got the wii and I play a few games, but find that the xbox controls our house so im sat about. Thinking of investing in the new kinect though! And get some active games.

Must add! The last time I got weighed was around 11 months ago, so the weigh hasnt fallen off, very gradually come away.

Hi Gina2007! The wii fit is brilliant! It's a bit different to the main wii games as it's something you can really do by yourself but it gives you more of a work out than you think you're doing at the time - you're motivated to beat your friends and family's scores and the games are funny to play! (My favourite is the hula hoop - which my kids think I look hilarious doing!). ON the other side though - it can also help you exercise gently if you follow the yoga moves!! Definitely worth a go - you can sneak 20 mins when the kids are occupied or get them to take it in turns and put the xbox down!! I'm interested in the kinect as well - am awaiting the reviews when it's out!!

Having used the wii fit and wii sports, I can tell you that it's nothing like actually going to the gym or for a run. It's gentle exercise that will burn a few tens of calories, not hundreds that an hour in the gym will burn.