Any old Teddy Boys Out there?

big ange,dave,dennis(now a muslim convert),alan,hev and husband(forgot his name),brian smith,chris kay,geoff bunting,dawn

I've seen most of these people in the last year at some gig or other, most of them were at The Chesterfield Rock 'n' Roll club a couple of weeks ago. I imagine they'll all be there this weekend too as Furious (a "top Ted band") are playing.

he,s usually seen in his robes and prayer hat,walking round the market,king street,high street area,with big black steel cappers on.

i once said "Alright Dennis"?? He went effing mad....."DONT CALL ME THAT....THATS NOT MY NAME!!!!"

So now i dont bother,just give him a wide berth

I always found Dennis to be nothing less than very fiendly, even though I can never remember his new name, (I think it's Moisha). Maybe you caught him on an off-day:hihi:

HAHA sorry, its just cracking me up

how the hell do you go from teddy boy to highly religious convert??

:D

He was a born again Christian for a long time whilst he was a Ted.

yeah well back then you had loads of youth cults about, and most fought in the streets with each other

mods and rockers, rockers came from the teddy boys of the 50s

punks and mods

skinheads and everybody lol

Apparently there was a big fight with Chavs recently too, but I hear the Chavs were asking for it.

the mercurys were more my scene,

Really? wow a Mercurys fan? we ought to have you stuffed.:hihi:

I've seen most of these people in the last year at some gig or other, most of them were at The Chesterfield Rock 'n' Roll club a couple of weeks ago. I imagine they'll all be there this weekend too as Furious (a "top Ted band") are playing.

I always found Dennis to be nothing less than very fiendly, even though I can never remember his new name, (I think it's Moisha). Maybe you caught him on an off-day:hihi:

Apparently there was a big fight with Chavs recently too, but I hear the Chavs were asking for it.

ah cheers for the added info step

and yeah the christian thing would explain the anti drugs / drink stance and yeah dennis was a good friendly fella as i remember

dennis WAS a friendly bloke,but his current reincarnation most certainly wasn,t......maybe his prayer cap was too tight,or his steel cappers were rubbing.

have me stuffed for being a mercury,s fan????dear oh dear steptoad,old jonny williams and his lads were legends......got thrown out of the Oasis in Meadowhall for trying to dance on the table when they did a gig in there in the early 90,s. do you know what happened to em?

dennis WAS a friendly bloke,but his current reincarnation most certainly wasn,t......maybe his prayer cap was too tight,or his steel cappers were rubbing.

have me stuffed for being a mercury,s fan????dear oh dear steptoad,old jonny williams and his lads were legends......got thrown out of the Oasis in Meadowhall for trying to dance on the table when they did a gig in there in the early 90,s. do you know what happened to em?

this the mercurys?

I always found Dennis to be nothing less than very fiendly, even though I can never remember his new name, (I think it's Moisha). Maybe you caught him on an off-day:hihi: moisha?????would have said that was more jewish....oh dear,hope he doesn,t see you give him a jewish name,you will find out how friendly he is....

think moisha is a jewish name....oh dear,hope he dont see you give him a jewish name,you may just see how friendly he really is.

Have you stuffed because Mercurys fans were a rarity, I say were 'cos in the last few years I've met quite a few of them who remember The Mercurys quite fondly.

They played The Boardwalk in August supporting Charman Ghia And The Hot Rods and The Polecats. My band, THe Lost Rockets, were at the bottom of that bill. It was the Mercurys first gig in years.

this the mercurys?

Aye that's them.

think moisha is a jewish name....oh dear,hope he dont see you give him a jewish name,you may just see how friendly he really is.

Ooooops!:D

Have you stuffed because Mercurys fans were a rarity, I say were 'cos in the last few years I've met quite a few of them who remember The Mercurys quite fondly.

They played The Boardwalk in August supporting Charman Ghia And The Hot Rods and The Polecats. My band, THe Lost Rockets, were at the bottom of that bill. It was the Mercurys first gig in years.

Aye that's them.

Ooooops!:D

ahahhhhhhhhaaaaa:loopy:

i went to a rockin rebels gig at the old dog and partridge with john,the lead singer of the mercurys,1991,do you know if they are still going? they were from the oxford area,i met em all in a tattoo studio at attercliffe,got em a discount on their tattoos,so i was put on the guest list.

(Sound of penny dropping) I think I know who you are now, didn't you do Johns tiger tattoo (amongst others).

I've had a quick look at all some of the places online that The Rockin Rebels mentioned on, but there's no sign of them. Quite a few other bands with the same name though.

no,that was steve,i used to help him out,does steve know who you are???i,ll mention it to him,he,ll be thrilled someone remembers him.gonna txt him now.

he tattooed chris kay and steve herriot the other day,he says are u chip??seems i got johns name wrong,its not williams,for an old man,steve,s got a decent memory,he,s found him on facebook.