Any old Teddy Boys Out there?

13 hours ago, hackey lad said:

Not a quiff expert but would say , yes 

Johnny Fantham (Phantom) used to put my DA in  when he had the shop on Division st.

Still wear my hair in a DA now, quiff keeps moving back though 🥴

Keep safe out there 8) .

Edited by Rockers rule
-

1 hour ago, Rockers rule said:

Johnny Fantham (Phantom) used to put my DA in  when he had the shop on Division st.

Still wear my hair in a DA now, quiff keeps moving back though 🥴

Keep safe out there 8) .

Never knew Johny actually worked in the shop , as far as i remember there was a ukranian barber who did the cutting .

57 minutes ago, cuttsie said:

Never knew Johny actually worked in the shop , as far as i remember there was a ukranian barber who did the cutting .

I remember a publicity photo of him with a pair of scissors but I think that was when his shop was in Cambridge Arcade.

2 hours ago, cuttsie said:

Harking back to one of  Padders themes (:suspect:) a very nice man called Ken who sadly died way too young ran the shop but Johnny definitely cut hair (early to mid 70's) when he was there.

Johnny's speciality was to do the final cutting of the DA with an open Razor, something Ken didn't, but full respects to Ken I never had a problem with that. I'm sure Ken must have died, prior to me and HTSBO married in 1976 as i'm 100% sure it was Johnny who cut my hair the day before. 

RIP Ken and Johnny 🙏 God bless and thanks 8).

Keep safe out there & keep on Rocking 8) .

Edited by Rockers rule
Spelling Ooop's
  • Like 1

On 14/02/2022 at 11:57, Slinny said:

Alex do you know when micks funeral is  sorry to bother you.  Slinny 

Tuesday 1st  of March 11-45 at Hutcliffe Wood

On 23/02/2022 at 17:37, Alextopman said:

jJonny Fa

Jonny Fanthams mother worked in the Byards Leap pub in the 60s top off east bank road 

On 09/11/2010 at 20:07, okismoki said:

i remember the second coming of the teds in the 70,s........seeing em all get on the no.2 bus outside the broughton. dave(last seen workin in poundland) brian and mo hassanali,ken whitelaw(scottish ken),big ange,dave,dennis(now a muslim convert),tony chadwick(deceased,i believe),alan,hev and husband(forgot his name),brian smith,chris kay,sonny,geoff bunting,dawn morley,keith bell and last but not least,an arab ted called farheed.

does anyone know the whereabouts of any of the afore mentioned?

Hi I’m new to this site. My Uncle is Ken. Next time I speak to him I will show him these names. think he will find it interesting to hear some of the names from the time … Do you mind me asking your name okismoki?? So I can tell him your name??

Edited by Furniss89

On 28/01/2011 at 19:29, Rockers rule said:

Well, Okismoki, Scottish Ken here, still boppin, still messin with cars and bikes, must have been a long time ago i can't remember catching a bus (?), i was born with wheels. you've got me at a loss, i've got you down to one or two people.

How's Steve? tell him i was asking about him, certainly helped me start up when i was tattooing. Would like to meet up with Big Dave again, didn't he move to Chesterfield(?)

Is Crazy Dave still about(?)

I did see Jeff the other day, Gona make an effort this year try and get to a few do's

Nothing seemed to be the same when they shut the old Pavilion theatre down at Skeggy.

I can't PM you at the moment as i've only posted a couple of times on here.

Rock n Roll bit like tattoo's (& Scotland), it's in the blood, Rock on.

Lol Hi Uncle Ken,

I’ve just signed up and saw your name mentioned 😂 

hope your well!! Enjoyed reading the forum. Sounds like you all had alot of fun 😊