Any old Teddy Boys Out there?

Hi echo sorry to tell you but  there were no girl backing singer and no tea chest  Roy did not want to do 58  concert but Rex had a chat with him   A lad called Beverly lines wanted to something but we didn’t bother. A mate of mine called David car in our year went on to play drums with a band and his brother sang with the band called the classics l sang with a band many years later with a same name 

Hi again.  I went to winstons for shirts I had a maroon waist coat and fawn one from their black twill drainpipe trousers above winstons just below swan was another good shop I bought a black knee length Mac with small vents up sides I first started  when I was 12  llee Cooper jeans black jumper with thick white stripes down arms  slip on shoes with a chain across front  does  anyone remememder  joe Hobson he had some great jackets and big Martin forgot is other name  and jiggers mayfield  Alec frogart all wore good gear got my suits from Montigue rusels  nevel reeds burtons and bugerges down attercliffe also older teddy boys let me have one or two when they went in army 

20 hours ago, Slinny said:

Hi echo sorry to tell you but  there were no girl backing singer and no tea chest  Roy did not want to do 58  concert but Rex had a chat with him   A lad called Beverly lines wanted to something but we didn’t bother. A mate of mine called David car in our year went on to play drums with a band and his brother sang with the band called the classics l sang with a band many years later with a same name 

Very strange because it's an event I remember quite vividly. 

Perhaps it was a different class, not yours who sang Tom Dooley and I'm making a wrong assumption that it was you.

I'll see if I can contact any other ex pupils who might remember.

Alternatively the dinner ladies must have slipped some 'magic mushrooms' into the cottage pie and I've made the whole thing up!

echo

20 hours ago, Slinny said:

Hi again.  I went to winstons for shirts I had a maroon waist coat and fawn one from their black twill drainpipe trousers above winstons just below swan was another good shop I bought a black knee length Mac with small vents up sides I first started  when I was 12  llee Cooper jeans black jumper with thick white stripes down arms  slip on shoes with a chain across front  does  anyone remememder  joe Hobson he had some great jackets and big Martin forgot is other name  and jiggers mayfield  Alec frogart all wore good gear got my suits from Montigue rusels  nevel reeds burtons and bugerges down attercliffe also older teddy boys let me have one or two when they went in army 

Hello Slinny.

Can us 'Young Un's join in?

Still have all my Drapes and they do come out now and again (weddings and funerals).

Conway (West Street) did me a few. Black one piece 1/4 collar maroon velvet  cuffs etc. 

Red full length (way past fingertip) with black velvet full rolled collar.

Blue with none traditional Red velvet full rolled collar and pockets.

Keith Mallinson (Rotherham) did the rest, same as above another Black and maroon 1/4 collar.

Royal Stewart Tartan (way past fingertip) full rolled collar.

Union Jack dark blue velvet rolled collar etc. Keith wouldn't cut up a Union flag but I managed to find some material that

had multiple union flags, he was happy with that.

There are a few others in't wardrobe I picked up along the way but I think the Royal Stewart has to be my Favourite.

Some still fit :lol: others don't :blush:

Keep safe 8)

The last Teddy boy I remember lived on Athol Road at Woodseats , he was a plasterer by trade his name was Phill , that was in the 80's.

2 minutes ago, cuttsie said:

The last Teddy boy I remember lived on Athol Road at Woodseats , he was a plasterer by trade his name was Phill , that was in the 80's.

I used to often see one in Crystal Peaks about ten years ago. He was getting on a bit but not old enough to be an original, I don’t think. He was always very smart in a blue suit, boot lace tie, and winkle pickers.

12 hours ago, Jim Hardie said:

I used to often see one in Crystal Peaks about ten years ago. He was getting on a bit but not old enough to be an original, I don’t think. He was always very smart in a blue suit, boot lace tie, and winkle pickers.

Ah! Winkle pickers - totally useless for changing gear on't motorcycle.

30 minutes ago, pattricia said:

Did they use Brylcream on their DA hairstyles ?

In the day there used to be Brylcream dispensers in't toilets/ wash n brush up areas Pattricia.

Still wear mine in a DA.

My first Big bike (BSA A10) registration number ended in DA 8) 

1 hour ago, Rockers rule said:

In the day there used to be Brylcream dispensers in't toilets/ wash n brush up areas Pattricia.

Still wear mine in a DA.

My first Big bike (BSA A10) registration number ended in DA 8) 

Like it !

17 minutes ago, pattricia said:

Like it !

I remember larger versions of this, wall mounted.

Last one I saw was at a Rock n Roll do in Birmingham, many years ago.

Happy days when you could get your suit swept down by the attendant after visiting the Gent's.

Padders will remember - Wash and Brush up :hihi::blush:8)

See the source image

45 minutes ago, Rockers rule said:

I remember larger versions of this, wall mounted.

Last one I saw was at a Rock n Roll do in Birmingham, many years ago.

Happy days when you could get your suit swept down by the attendant after visiting the Gent's.

Padders will remember - Wash and Brush up :hihi::blush:8)

See the source image

Not for me Rocker,

Looking smart and clean would have ruined my street cred.