Decent Deep Electronic Music in Sheffield

Can't believe in Detroit of Europe, there is nowhere decent to go to hear, deep, soulful electronic music. Anyone has ideas for November, let me know.

Looking for something like Virgo or a modern jackin deep equivalent. Any ideas? I want to lose myself for a few hours...

im sure theres still places that bang out the chicago house, detroit techno stuff

no idea where tho tbh

On Saturday we had Alex Arnout [Dogmatik Records] and Dan J [sheffield legend] playing back to back. It was some of the best deep house music I've heard in a good while.

Our night is called Cargo+Ug (a combination of 2 club nights; Cargo and Urban Gorilla).

Our next event is on Sat 4th December at SAWA near the O2 Academy. Deep house and techno in a dark sweaty room!!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Cargo-Urban-Gorilla-Events/162585980424405?v=info

House Story

The second Saturday of every month @ The West End

Mulitiable DJ's playing different forms of House Music

Vinyl Only

We're always looking for new dj's who spin vinyl come down and check it out!

Can't believe in Detroit of Europe, there is nowhere decent to go to hear, deep, soulful electronic music. Anyone has ideas for November, let me know.

Looking for something like Virgo or a modern jackin deep equivalent. Any ideas? I want to lose myself for a few hours...

If you want a modern version of Virgo, then check out some of the stuff on clone records. There's loads out at the moment though on various labels which take the chi sound & update it.

Like this...

Can't offer tips for a night in Sheff, but you might find some artists you like who are coming to Leeds/Manc/London.

We're putting on a pre-club monthly session around these lines...Detroit, Italo, Chicago house, cosmic disco and proper electro (i.e. both 80s stuff and the Hague kind like Dopplereffekt and i-F). A lot of Clone records will be played!

EVENT LINK HERE

For a city that's often called the Detroit of the North there aren't really any places to hear stuff like this anymore, so hopefully this'll redress the balance a bit...

I'm really enjoying this EP on Clone at the moment...