Bennetts Fishing Tackle gone bust

Bennets of Sheffield on Stanley Street has called in the receivers. The business never seemed to recover after the floods and the re-design of the shop. First Calcotts closed now Bennetts, whose next

Im not surprised. They were always twice the price of everyone else.

I always found Bennetts to be a bit cliquey, the staff seemed to ignore you if you weren't a regular, also sometimes the door was locked and you had to ring a bell to get in.

Definitely didn't do themselves any favours when they changed the shop around.

Does anyone know if Bosfish is still up and running.

The fishing tackle shop on Holme Lane at HIllsborough is still going, an I guess one person's downfall is anothers silver lining, the guy at HIllsborough should be busier I presume, shame aout Bennetts though been there a long time

Bennetts was where everyone went to have a look and a hold of the gear, before going home and buying it from somewhere else that didn't sell it all for the full RRP.

shame i always used to pop into there when i was after some tackle do any of you remember the fish tank in the shop

They were always very very helpful when I went in. Took time to inform, nothing too much trouble. Didn't mind paying a little more for knowledgeable advice and local info. Go to some anonymous supermarket style tackle shop if you like....but don't expect that same sense of community and enthusiasm to communicate the love for the sport.

Edited by critter
badd speling

I agree with the comment about if your face fitted...snotty buggers they were !!! only dealt properly with regulars, and prices were really expensive... good to look around and compare then go elsewhere though... shame !!!

My uncle worked there until he got the news that he was out of a job on halloween. The staff knew nothing of the situation until they got laid off.

Fishing is a contest between minds of equal intellect.