The Homeless man that lives in Encliffe Park

Re "Craig", On a few occasions i have walked through Hillsborough park to the job centre and on my travels yesterday and today ( 17th and 18th of May) i have spoke to Craig. He is OK ( apart from his love of Frosty Jacks). He does realize that he does have a choice to live in a flat/house but as he says "its my choice to live outside". I some times wonder if there is any more one can do to help people in this sorry state where alcohol is a big part of their life and in a way controls it. I left Craig and in doing so let him know that if he ever needs anything or needs me to phone some one to let me know if he see,s me.

I spoke with him the other sunday-still on cider but really sound bloke.he seems to relishn his independence but it would not suit me .

not seen him for a couple of months. has anyone else?

not seen him for a couple of months. has anyone else?

Yes, within the last few weeks. Near the bus stop by Hunter's Bar at around 7am one morning I was on the way to work.

thanks for that, usually see him after I have dropped the kids off and am walking dogs.

presuming the man in the star today who threatened teens with knife in encliffe park and has gone down for a year is not craig?? never seen another one there.

I know that, but wasnt sure if that was his "real name" it describes him as the homeless man who lives in encliffe park, I walk my dogs there most days and have never seen another.

I lived just up from the park for years, until I moved a few years ago. I really miss talking to Craig, he's a lovely, gentle and respectful man. Ok, so Frosty Jacks was always keeping him company; but even when drunk (I've spoken to him during all the stages), Craig was NEVER EVER aggressive or violent at ANY time. You could put him in the 'happy drunk' catagory. I've spent a long time on many occasions chatting to Craig...he tells some pretty funny stories! He's always really positive, even though sometimes he must get quite down.

Andrew Gill is NOT Craig! Craig is in his mid-40's (and looks every year and more of it!), whereas Andrew Gill is 30 yrs old.

X

I lived just up from the park for years, until I moved a few years ago. I really miss talking to Craig, he's a lovely, gentle and respectful man. Ok, so Frosty Jacks was always keeping him company; but even when drunk (I've spoken to him during all the stages), Craig was NEVER EVER aggressive or violent at ANY time. You could put him in the 'happy drunk' catagory. I've spent a long time on many occasions chatting to Craig...he tells some pretty funny stories! He's always really positive, even though sometimes he must get quite down.

Andrew Gill is NOT Craig! Craig is in his mid-40's (and looks every year and more of it!), whereas Andrew Gill is 30 yrs old.

X

I echo what autumn1a55 says, when i spoke to him he is polite and sincere even when he is Brahms and list.

Craig is a nice bloke, I've known him when he used to hang around hillsboro on his bike, I once came to his rescue when Pizza co next to the FreeMasons pub took his bike off him, i got it back for him as they took it because he was hanging around outside their shop.

From what i have been told he had a decent job and was financially stable until he had a breakdown, could happen to anyone.

presuming the man in the star today who threatened teens with knife in encliffe park and has gone down for a year is not craig?? never seen another one there.

Why did you feel the need to post this on here when it obviously isn't the same man is it ! Thank goodness at least the facebook page has gone :)