Coffee Culture

How much is it? the last cappuchino I had was in Venice two years ago and it cost us an arm and a leg, One small cup was the equivelent of £5.

You had to pay it as that was the only way you could sit down, or you had to sit on the floor. Tourists prices? I would say rip offs!!! :o:o:o

Originally posted by "JonHarrison"

Surely theres an opening for the Cathedral to get their act together and have a nice coffee/morning cafe withing their grounds.

Perfect site?

Perhaps a new market for the Blue Moon Cafe to break into?

Yeah Pret didn't last long, maybe us Sheffielders don't like paying 3 quid for a sarni ???

It is pricey for a sandwich, but pret sarnies are horny! mmmmmm!

The chicken, avocado, rocket and pine nuts one!

Back to coffee.....I will try some of these places....revolution on eccy road is ok.... I do like my coffee perculator at home though, much cheaper!

Originally posted by "JonHarrison"

Back to yours for coffee then Foxxx?

:lol:

Originally posted by "Foxxx"

Yeah Pret didn't last long, maybe us Sheffielders don't like paying 3 quid for a sarni ???

It is pricey for a sandwich, but pret sarnies are horny! mmmmmm!

The chicken, avocado, rocket and pine nuts one!

Back to coffee.....I will try some of these places....revolution on eccy road is ok.... I do like my coffee perculator at home though, much cheaper!

True, I adore coffee at home too, it's really great when someone else makes it for you!! :)

Hi everyone! I used to work at the Pret a manger in Meadowhall...the prices were embarassing! But we used to get to take bin bags full of sarnies home at the end of the day! :P

Originally posted by "pink-kitten"

Hi everyone! I used to work at the Pret a manger in Meadowhall...the prices were embarassing! But we used to get to take bin bags full of sarnies home at the end of the day! :P

Is that because you didn't sell any?

Yep...we could take home everythting that didnt get sold...which was a lot! I was the only person who would take sushi tho! i can remember 1 day the manager sent me out givin every1 free milkshakes because we werent selling anything!

There have been several mentions of Coffee Revolution... nice coffee, but a far superior rival (on Ecclesall Road) is "Spoilt For Choice", across the road from Berkely Precinct/Tesco. 10p cheaper for a large one. Great Sarnies and far superior host banter too.

The need is not for coffee shops in Meadowhall (there are plenty enough already). The need is in the city centre itself. I travel to Manchester a lot and wish Sheffield had a quarter as many cafes. A bit of competition would improve what is already here. Coffee Revolution on Church Street is only so-so. The espresso is normally drinkable (and sometimes very good) but the service is appallingly slow. I think the owner has lost interest. The place certainly doesn't seem to be as busy as it was a year ago.

I have noticed that a lot of shops have moved from the row opposite The Forum - maybe one of these could become a coffee shop?

g

A major reason the shops have moved is that the rents at those sites have been hugely inflated over recent years/months.

Even Mr Kites/Casablancaa had to move! shocker.