Coffee Culture

Originally posted by Dr Feelgood

Hey!

I have heard from a an official source that Starbucks are finally opening up in Sheffield's Meadowhall in three months - hallelulah! Also, apparently Caffe Nero are on the hunt for property in the city. Sounds like progress.

Could any coffee lovers out there in Sheff let me know the best places to get a capuccino?

Ciao!

:)

Abbey National on fargate !!!

Forum - chilled out atmosphere, not some generic chain coffee shop and good coffee.

Its on Devonshire Street

Forum - chilled out atmosphere, not some generic chain coffee shop and good coffee.

Its on Devonshire Street

It took you 3 and a half years to think of that?

I'd say the best place for a coffee in the city centre has to be

Cafe Latino on Fargate, and no before you say anything i don't work there.

The coffee there really is the nicest one you'll find

My girlfriends a bit of a coffee expert (being Spanish) and it's the only place she'll go in the city centre.

Really good for take out too, you get large for the price of a regular

and don't get me started on their cheesecakes , my god!!

Best coffee has to be at my house. Freshly ground and smells gorgeous.

Still have to hide the reciept of how much the coffee machine cost from my wife tho!!:loopy:

Probably saved me money tho (that's my excuse) as I used to walk into town 3 or 4 times a week and buy a coffee, but now I make my own and take it with me.

Hey!

I have heard from a an official source that Starbucks are finally opening up in Sheffield's Meadowhall in three months - hallelulah! Also, apparently Caffe Nero are on the hunt for property in the city. Sounds like progress.

Could any coffee lovers out there in Sheff let me know the best places to get a capuccino?

Ciao!

:)

Cant be bothered to read all the posts on this thread so apologies if anyone has mentioned this but Cafe Nero already has two coffee shops in sheff.

One at the Peace Gardens, next to McDonald hotel, and one on Eccy Road.

And I might be wrong, but have an idea Abbey National Costa is no more.

Here's the Observor's observations:

There is something you should know about the city of Sheffield: its one branch of Pret A Manger closed down after just a few months due to lack of interest. It is proof, if proof were needed, that Britain's food revolution is still stuck in the Molotov cocktail-lobbing stage. Apparently, the idea of well-made sandwiches which don't contain flaccid ham and watery tomato was just too outré for the people of South Yorkshire's first city.

I am not claiming that Pret A Manger is the be all and end all. It has its faults. But doesn't the company's failure in the city suggest a large part of the populace has undergone a radical taste bypass?

That shows how far behind Leeds we are. Leeds has three Pret a Mangers, and they always seem to be packed.

I've got a question.

i don't drink coffee in fact i hate the stuff. Is it really that much better coffee paying £2-3 from starbucks when you get pretty much the same stuff from wetherspoons for less than a quid?

also i don't think pret shut because people won't pay £3 for a sandwich, considering there are 4 subways in sheff that are usually busy and it costs up to a fiver in there

What's so great about Starbucks? There's nothing remarkable about the taste of their coffee and it's just another big chain that's part of the ongoing threat of identikit cities. You can get a better coffee from Blue moon, it's independant and has a relaxing, natural atmosphere.

That shows how far behind Leeds we are. Leeds has three Pret a Mangers, and they always seem to be packed.

A preponderance of pret a manger is a good thing!?!?

I've only eaten at Pret a Manger once, and that was more than enough. :gag:

StarSparkle