Poppies and 'grief facism'

Don't talk such utter sodding rot.

When I was in Sheffield last year I saw people of all colours and openly of all religious pursuasions wearing poppies. I dare say there are a few who don't but they're from all walks of life.

The only person I find it ironic wearing a Poppy is Nick Griffin.

When I said asian community I means Muslim community. 1 in 6 of those who died in the ww1 trenches were Hindu Indians. I really like Indians yet dislike most muslims I meet or work with, did I say work meant sherk. No prob with all religions just don't relate to the Muslin faith. They don't support our troops because they as the Muslim nation feal are living amongst the enamy.

They join up to have their asses shot at because of 'tokenism'? You might have to explain that to me.

Explain to you BOY. Don't think so. As I said I'm a realist not racist.

Explain to you BOY. Don't think so. As I said I'm a realist not racist.

Nobody mentioned the word racist, so why bring it up?

I asked if you could explain why you used the word 'tokenism' in respect of Asians (Muslims) in the military.

Explain to you BOY. Don't think so.

Calm down Mr Bumble. It was a perfectly reasonable request.

Calm down Mr Bumble. It was a perfectly reasonable request.

I have Beef with this BOY. He stalks me with his politicaly correct drivel.

I have Beef with this BOY. He stalks me with his politicaly correct drivel.

Oh, I'm sorry Riche, I didn't realise you'd be so affronted by someone asking you a simple question.

I'll maintain an ignorant silence if I encounter your posts again in the future :thumbsup:

Oh, I'm sorry Riche, I didn't realise you'd be so affronted by someone asking you a simple question.

I'll maintain an ignorant silence if I encounter your posts again in the future :thumbsup:

That would be nice BOY

Poppy day will be banned soon enough for fear of offending those who we have gone to war with. Don't mention the Germans

I don't think the Germans begrudge us remembering our dead. World War 1 was a disaster for the whole Europe (and the commonwealth), not just us. They have their Volkstrauertag, which nobody here seems to take affront to.

One word Tokenism.

How disrespectful, we have people putting their lives at risk and you belittle their cause by referring to it as "tokenism".

how many people died to make us free,would we rather speak german and errect gas chambers,once the jews were gone which minority would we gas next?

youd do well to remember germany had no disabled or sick children as they were refered to,and those of different races were underclass,and went to extermination.

our children fight today to eradicate terrorism,or should we just allow our trains and buses to explode and hope its not us??

i wear my poppy with extreme pride and gratitude,not some theological argument all wars are wrong?of course they are,but surley,wer all gratefull to be free

Surely its personal choice. I can well believe presenters are 'forced' to wear them, but to me, wearing one by force takes away the point. I haven't got a poppy yet, theres still another week! But, how does it work? Is it £1 per poppy? £2? What if you put £5 in the collection tin but don't take a poppy?

I for one, do get a little fed up with all these different coloured ribbons and wristbands, you start to lose track of what there all for. On light note, this last week has been British Sausage Week, but, Ive not seen many people wearing a sausage! :heyhey:

Rememberance Sunday? Sunday?

Why do you have it on Sunday. the 11/11 doesn't always fall on a Sunday.

It is Rememberance DAY

11th Day of the 11th Month. why doesn't anyone have a minute of silence at 11:11am, as it what should happen?

Ithink if you want other people to know you show respect, you should wear a poppy.

You can pay your respects in other ways, so it isn't neccessary to wear a poppy for weeks before RD.