Sign in to follow this  

New establishment on West Street - Tequila

Anyone know anything about this?

You might like to be a little more descriptive?

Are you talking about Vodka Revolution which has been on Mappin Street for about 2 years? Or the new one that is part of the West One complex?

Neither.

I was returning from Crookes on the 52 last night and on the left hand side of the road (going into town) about where West Street tramstop is I think, there was an archway in the building with simply the word Vodka (or Tequila possibly - maybe I was confusing my spirits in my memory, I had had a few pints by then) and a queuing rope.

It's called "Tequila". I remember reading about it somewhere on the internet... I thought it was this forum, but can't see to find the thread, so I guess it got deleted for advertising :lol:

I seem to remember it being a restaurant bar...

(I'm going to change the thread title now to reflect the fact that it's not a "vodka establishment" ;) ... )

it is called TEQUILA - its run/owned by the same people who have the viva tequila restaurant in gleadless.

i think its just a bar - my friend brought me the drinks menu to peruse as we are gonna pop in there soon. theres one brandy on it that costs like £26 a shot! the other drinks are reasonable tho!

I noticed it earlier tonight whilst walking past it on the way to Takapuna. Looks pretty good from the outside anyway :)...

I'VE BEEN! it was really good - we tried about 8 different cocktails and even mixed the manky ones together to make our own super turbo cocktails! i shall have to return and experience the place in more sober manner...

Originally posted by Red 2

tina are you a student?

well, with my 'super turbo cocktail' behaviour you would think so, but i'm not really - i'm a graduate with a full time job but studying part time for my masters.

i can assure you we only mixed 2 cocktails together and am a respectable citizen.

Originally posted by Red 2

ahhh

so what did you do then and which uni?

im thinking about doing a masters

we'll get dun by geoff if we start having an off topic conversation!

i met des the other night in takapunas (he said he has summat to do with shush - is that your night too?) so i'll pop down and give you some words of post grad wisdom! or PM me!

Originally posted by tinajones

we'll get dun by geoff if we start having an off topic conversation!

Yeah you will :P

Red2 if you have a question for tina then please use the Private Message facility as we are not all interested in her personal life ;)

Originally posted by Geoff

Red2 if you have a question for tina then please use the Private Message facility as we are not all interested in her personal life ;)

Aren't we??? I thought that was usually the good bit!!! ;)