New Blades Home Shirt Vote

When will they ever learn in the marketing department - all four of those look wrong! The first two are just not United shirts, and the others like like they're designed for the Hunchback of Notre Dame, or Hendo...

Well I won't be wasting any money on any of those - the home shirt should stay the same for at least four or five years, and generally be of the same basic style... and the weird, apparently drug-influenced stuff on display here should be left for away kits, where there's far more room to go nuts.

They should have a look on the Toffs site for inspiration... the 1925 style shirt would be great today (perhaps with more modern materials), or the 70s shirt... and certainly shirts a blades fan would want to wear, rather than the Monaco clone on our website...

http://www.toffs.com/icat/sheffieldutd/

Having said all that, i'd like to see someone wearing the Wanderers FA Cup winning kit from the first ever final back in 1872 (on the toffs site)... black, orange and purple hoops - Fergie would never have had a problem seeing his team in that... :hihi:

Thought it was just home shirts you were talking about didn't realise you were on about away and 3rd kits.

Thought it was just home shirts you were talking about didn't realise you were on about away and 3rd kits.

Yeah sorry wouldn't wanna have to post a picture of that Orange number you once wore ...Lets stick to home kits...Some more luvvly jubbly ones for you

http://www.oldfootballshirts.com/img/shirts/39/sheffield-wednesday-home-football-shirt-1981-1990-s_13365_1.jpg

A is the one for me, D is not bad, C is no different to most that we've had and B is the best but not a Blades shirt.

B could be made into training tops.

When I was a lad I'd spend hours designing United shirts and 1 thing they had in common was STRIPES.

i am loving B actually :)

B ?? nooooo its not in keeping with us - its gotta be stripes :)

Yeah that diamond kit was quite horrendous :rant:

Still think red and white shirts with black shorts and white socks defines Sheffield United ...Loved that 1970-71 kit and the away kit was the white with 2 red stripes

There was nothing wrong with the Diamond kit...

When will they realise that footie costs enough without a new shirt every year

When fans stop being so gullible as to buy the new shirt every year.

When fans stop being so gullible as to buy the new shirt every year.

Couldnt agree more!!!!

I prefer D. It takes me back to my first ever Blades top a little. If not D then C for sure. A and B look stupid. May as well have laces strung through the front....Ohh wait.......

Typically,no-one at the club thought about the 40th anniversary of our promotion to Division 1 in 1971-72 (where for a number of weeks,we were top of the old Division 1) and what we were wearing at the time when casting around for designs to be worn for season 2011-12.

Because if they looked at the new Inter Club template by Nike,they missed a brilliant opportunity for a classic design to be brought back........and believe me,here IS a shirt that no-one would moan at.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/southyorkshire/content/images/2007/11/27/tony_currie_utd_365x470.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v323/bigdave1/BladesNikeRetro.jpg

Proof that any old fool with Paintshop can knock together a better kit design than Macron

Edited by Compound_Kid