Would the owls watch the Blades if.

Ok we have had the knee-jerk reactions now lets think this one through, no banter at work, no prematch drink, no game ……………. Would people really not go to see their local team whatever the colour of the shirt.

think this has been covered before hasn't it. any true owls or blades wouldn't watch the other, fairweather fans maybe

By definition, if the Owls ceased to exist there would no longer be any such thing as an Owls fan. (And arsy-varsy the Blades.)

Dont worry Crooksey, it does not effect you !! its just a bit of banter with supporters.

Now get back to your radio!!;) you might miss something.

I am totally amazed about the originality of your posts, you are a credit to your piers, I bow down in admiration. :gag:

Well watching Chesterfields goals on the TV last night, I might just start going anyway!!

And while we are at it, don't forget Hallam FC, another historic Sheffield club with a decent boozer opposite!

Indeed, and traditionally Hallam is the "Wednesday" team, and Club the "United" team. In fact, I remember the Hallam FC site having "Hi Ho Silver Lining" as its theme tune on the front page.

By definition, if the Owls ceased to exist there would no longer be any such thing as an Owls fan. (And arsy-varsy the Blades.)

Nope. They would be fans of a defunct club. The club wouldn't exist, but they still would. I'm a Beatles fan, but the band hasn't existed since before I was born.

I am totally amazed about the originality of your posts, you are a credit to your piers, I bow down in admiration. :gag:

:loopy: football heaven must have finished then:|

Nope. They would be fans of a defunct club. The club wouldn't exist, but they still would. I'm a Beatles fan, but the band hasn't existed since before I was born.

From which I can be fairly sure you've never been to a concert of theirs; and similarly, you'd never go to a Wednesday match. Your choices are to watch some other team, or watch nobody, but you cannot continue to be a Wednesday fan.

started a similar thread some time ago.

I would support Chesterfield in spirit as long as our hero Sheridan is in charge. Would i travel 8 hours and thousands of miles just to see them ? probably no. would i subscribe to Spireites player, buy the kit etc ?? No. Would i travel again to Sheffield or England, if Wednesday were wound up ? no comment at this time. maybe only to "rescue" something from Hillsborough and ship home. (i do love sheffield)

I would still keep in touch on the forum.

All we are is Barmy Army.

If i had the millions, would i rescue Wednesday ?? YES!!!

Edited by ThatYank

i wouldnt be a football fan anymore, id still play football but wouldnt support anyone, dont follow any team other than the owls unless i have a bet on which is the only time i look for other scores.

Dont worry Crooksey, it does not effect you !! its just a bit of banter with supporters.

Now get back to your radio!!;) you might miss something.

Sad... very sad.:rolleyes:

As for the thread subject - NEVER!

i wouldnt be a football fan anymore, id still play football but wouldnt support anyone, dont follow any team other than the owls unless i have a bet on which is the only time i look for other scores.

You ought to try for your team mate - you couldnt be any worse than some of em on the pitch :P:hihi:

As for watching the Owls - I very nearly did earlier this year my ex is an owl fan I dragged him to the Blades but we split up just before i was due to go to the Owls game - shame :hihi: (and no that wasnt the reason why we split - i'm not that shallow :) )