Accident at crossing in Hillsborough brings traffic to a standstill

well right now in hillsborough at the langsett road tram road another person has been run over due to the stupid crossing. the problem is that there is a set of traffic lights which cars have to come thgouh and the drivers are unable to see whether the crossing is on green or red until it is far too late. this has happened so many time before and will continue to happen until this issue has been addressed correctly and made it safe for people to once again cross the road.

looks like they were ok, they got up onto the stretcher without much assistance so looks precautionary for ambulance service but better safe than sorry

Just been through and all Hillsborough corner is at a standstill. Police are on scene but can't see whats happened. Anyone know?

yes read that thread i work in a shop right where it has been and everything was at a stand still, trmas and traffic are just being allowed through so normality should soon resume for all interested parties

problem is that there is a set of traffic lights which cars have to come thgouh and the drivers are unable to see whether the crossing is on green or red until it is far too late.

A light is red unless you can see that it is not. There's no way you can blame this on the crossing.

have you driven down there... if not then maybe you should and then you would have informed opinion fo the crossing... the problem is that you cannot see the little red/green man on the crossing.... the traffice light are quite a way behind you at this point so it is not quite as balck and white as you may suggest and hence why so many get knocked over the same crossing everytime... like i said visit the crossing and you will see for yourself what i am on about....

A light is red unless you can see that it is not. There's no way you can blame this on the crossing.

No really, this is a crossing problem. I pass this every day, and have seen too many near misses. The green man comes on too soon after the traffic light goes red - as the crossing is so far from the lights, vehicles can go through when people are just starting to cross. Buses are the worst offenders, tbh. Yes, people need to drive more carefully, and yes, pedestrians need to double check before they cross, but we all know in reality this isn't always the case.

Hope the person's OK. Glad to hear they prob are, cos I always get spooked when an ambulance is in no hurry to leave the scene :/

Person has been run over by a car. One car is pointing in the wrong direction for the lane, police said that is why the incident tape is up and they are doing a full investigation. Currently all buses running Walkley Lane/Forbes Rd to Hillsborough are parked up. (approx 12)

edit: bus driver said maybe two cars :/

The trams were at a standstill at 3pm due to an accident in Hillsborough - everything cordoned off... anyone know if they are running again yet?