2 radiators not fully hot, been bled - advice, please.

If they ARE cold at the bottom, and 'balancing' does not help, then you WILL need a power-flush, for which I charge....hold your breath....£300....but this does take ALL day and I guarantee to restore your system to its 'former glory'....ie even warm at the bottom. Hope it does not come to this BUT I am here if it does, cheers, Steve

Thanks. I like it when the numbers drop. But I'm still having palpitations. :hihi:

Won't know anything until the electrics are restored, as the boiler was on the affected ring. So heating is currently a moot point altogether...

Hi, if you do end up having to have your system power flushed we'd be happy to undertake the work for you. We charge £260 for systems with upto ten radiators and £320 for systems with over 10 radiators. We are power flush contractors to EON and carry out at least 3 every week so have a lot of expertise in the best way to restore your system to its full potential. Please feel free to call me any time to discuss this or for any advice on anything else you can try yourself to get your radiators hot at the bottom

Thanks

Dan

City Wide Heating Services

do you have a combi boiler or a system boiler

is your system on micro bore,which would make the power flushing

a lot harder to do,we have just done a job with the same problem

on micro bore for a forum member on here and charged a lot less

than £300/£400 pounds if you are still having problems give us a

call and we may be able to sort you out,with christmas coming

up the last thing you need is a bill for £300/£400 pounds

Regards Phil

Edited by monstercrab

I had the same/similar problem with two rads (there are 13 overall)and it was sludge in the bottom,i drained them both and also the header tank then let clean water run through till sludge went.let header refill and added some inhibitor,bled them... red hot...job done...but it can be a tricky job and if you are unsure best left to the expert,i have also fitted thermostats on 10 of the rads so i can switch them off/down in unused rooms...a good investment.........just to add i bought a CH pump from a car boot for a £1,stripped it ,tested it,now fitted,runs like a dream........

switching your radiators off in some rooms with a sludged up system is asking for trouble,

all you will do is move it round the system to other radiators,you need either a powerflush

which some guys on here do or take your radiators off and flush one by one which we

favour as we have had problems on old systems with unsoldered joints when powerflushing,

regards phil

euclid you should have used a cleanser for 1 or maybe 2 weeks

then drained and cleansed then added the inhibitor

Edited by monstercrab