New Stagecoach bus routes

Yes caught this bus on Monday and it was almost empty going but I think you are right it will get better. I think it is a great bus route and prices are so cheap at £3 for a dayrider. Long may it continue.

Just make sure if you purchase your day rider that you dont plan on catching the service in the evening,may sound like good value but when your stranded with a stagecoach ticket thats no use its doesnt seem such great value any more.

Depends where you are travelling, Stagecoach run evening services on the 20,20A,43,53,57,58,69,88A,89,120,240 and 265 plus of course Supertram.

Just make sure if you purchase your day rider that you dont plan on catching the service in the evening,may sound like good value but when your stranded with a stagecoach ticket thats no use its doesnt seem such great value any more.

Thanks for the info. Does that mean those tickets are not valid in the evenings?

Thanks for the info. Does that mean those tickets are not valid in the evenings?

They remain valid on Stagecoach buses all day long, but on some routes, Stagecoach only run the service during the day and the evening buses may be provided by someone else, under contract to the PTE.

They remain valid on Stagecoach buses all day long, but on some routes, Stagecoach only run the service during the day and the evening buses may be provided by someone else, under contract to the PTE.

Oh I see. Thanks. Well the No. 79 operates all night too with Stagecoach and that at the moment is the only route we do. But I can imagine that it would be frustrating and expensive if you caught the other buses.

i beg to differ ,,have you seen the volume of traffic at rush hour ,,there is no wonder the busse cannot run to time ,,

This was not rush hour - the bus should have left Barnsley about 1430 I would think. I have to say though that their prices cannot be beaten - 7 day saver £12 and you can use it on tram

Edited by denlin

I was refferring to the new services competing with the 75/76 first routes.

Take your valid point on the 265 service I catch it occasionally and the time keeping to say the least is erratic.

They don't compete with 75/76 as they don't go through Woodseats therefore missing out on alot of potential money

oh right they spend more money on other stuf n not the buses

also the 20 is on the 48 route on top of blackstock road

All I can say is I'm really glad of the competition. For years and years I've been forced to pay huge prices to get to work on the First bus. They've held a complete monopoly on the 75 route, so I'm thrilled with the new 87. What grinds my gears now is First dropping fares to compete. Hang on, why didn't you just make fares fairer in the first place? All those years of paying over the odds, and now they decide to drop prices!? Now?? :rant:

Well they can get stuffed. I'm buying the Stagecoach monthly pass and keeping away from First. The 87 service has been excellent thus far, and I'll be sticking with it. I only hope others pick up on it and start using it.

I know what you mean about the 265, but to be fair though it does serve a huge route.

Hang on, why didn't you just make fares fairer in the first place?

Businesses are not supposed to set their prices to be fair. They're supposed to make money, which means charging as much as their customers are willing to pay.

Businesses are not supposed to set their prices to be fair. They're supposed to make money, which means charging as much as their customers are willing to pay.

Or putting them in the position that they have no other option and ramping up the price. Yay, lets all champion big business. I find it interesting that we can be so glib about the aims of businesses these days in the modern world, as if somehow it's acceptable and we should just take it, and questioning it makes you naive somehow.

There's business, and there's good business. Monopolies a not a business model I like very much. Making money? Whatever happened to making a living?