Only in Sheffield.. a bus gate without buses

Bottleneck? And what do you call forcing all traffic onto a single route?

Pity SYPTE and Sheffield Planning cannot communicate, you'd have though that would be part of their job.

The Ring Road works much better than the old arrangement. I see no reason for it to change.

People tell me how they used to be stuck on Nursey Street alone for 20 minutes just to get out of town on the old system.

The Ring Road works much better than the old arrangement. I see no reason for it to change.

People tell me how they used to be stuck on Nursey Street alone for 20 minutes just to get out of town on the old system.

Was that before there was an alternate route?

A day granted. The Star reckon "thousands" an hour. It's first lines like that that usually mean I don't read any further into a Star "article" - they write purely to gain a reaction, regardless of the truth around whatever non-story they're headlining that day.

Don't forget that before the inner ring road was finished that was the main route from the parkway/park square towards hillisborough. 1000 per hour is only 17 a minute see how long it take to count 17 cars the next time you're on the ring road

I live on Millsands and I'm 100% there isn't a camera on it, not that I have ever driven through it of course...

Why is it? Traffic is diverted onto the IRR, job done IMO. What would you like to happen? Open it up to cars so it becomes yet another bottleneck?

Traffic does flow much better on the IRR, so why would this street become a bottleneck if it was opened up again? Surely most cars would continue to go along the IRR as they do now? There's no reason to suppose that it would return to its former volume of traffic.

Just need the Sheffield version.

I'd like to give that idiote a beat, who made a bus lane... out of Bridge Street.

It's buses only, but its never used, them int carncil been drinkin too much booze.

We in Sheffield want that bloomin road back, and them int tarn hall... need to lay off o' crack. Oh yes, we want, we want our Bridge St back.

I use it all the time and think it should stay as it is.

Traffic does flow much better on the IRR, so why would this street become a bottleneck if it was opened up again? Surely most cars would continue to go along the IRR as they do now? There's no reason to suppose that it would return to its former volume of traffic.

It might because of the 2,000+ people who work at the Home Office and Irwin Mitchell on Riverside

Yet more proof , if any was needed that Sheffield council hates motorists.

No wonder the city centre is dead on its feet and half the shops stand empty. Shoppers use meadowhall, Barnsley ,Rotherham and Leeds to spend their money , where they are welcomed , unlike Sheffield city centre.

You ever tried the dreaded inner city loop in Leeds lately :help:

And c'mon, Rotherham ?????????

It might because of the 2,000+ people who work at the Home Office and Irwin Mitchell on Riverside

Who all park at the Hilton because neither of those employers provide parking to anyone but senior staff meaning that they wouldn't go through the bus gate anyway....

Another fine cockup by Sheffield Planning dept.

lm losing count of them. do you have to have your brain taken out to be a plaaner for the council. thats what it seems must be the main qualification for thr job

A lot of drama queens in theis thread, thinking it is a ****-up only because the Star is having a slow news day and tells them it is.

Its been there three years, If you thought it was a **** up at the time you should have made your voices heard at the IRR initial consultations. Bet you all didnt though.