Losing weight tips, advice and support

I am trying (not very hard) to lose weight, up to now I have lost a stone but the comfort eating has reared its ugly head in the past week due to stresses in my life.

I cannot seem to get myself past the one stone loss mark and exercising is hard because of physical problems...I feel a bit sorry for myself :(

It would be great to hear of some success stories from people who have lost and kept weight off, and hear how you did it.

Hiya Moonbird, just wanted to say well done for loosing a stone. That is a big achievement and you should be really proud.

I know you have had a hard time recently and hope things improve soon and you get your motivation back.

I was actually thinking about you earlier. I am making a homemade curry today and was thinking how healthy it is and was going to post it in your recipes thread. However I think I might taste it first as I kind of made it up as I went along and it could end up horribly wrong. I'm trying to use up some pumpkin. (You know how much I love Halloween, well I bought 2 MASSIVE pumpkins and am now trying to find ways to use them up. Don't want it going to waste.) :hihi:

You're doing really well Moon!... and to have achieved that with your other stresses proves you're made of really strong stuff!

Look on the bright side - some of us can't face food under stress, and that's far more dangerous ;)

Hi Moonbird - Have you heard of the physical activity referral schemes? You can be referred by your GP or nurse and they have instructors that can work with you to help with your weight loss taking your physical problems into consideration. You have already done really well though losing the stone by yourself - well done! x

Thanks all of you, how was the curry Jess? and yes Strix you're right it isn't good not to eat at all, food is such an issue for so many people in many different ways...it's a shame really isn't it?

Thanks Revitalize, I have heard of the scheme and I will be asking about that as well just as soon as I get my Mum out of hospital and I get a bit more free time :)

Hi Moonbird - sorry to hear about all the stress you're under.

Sounds lioke you and I have similar issues - I'm a real comfort eater when I'm stressed.

Well done for losing the first stone, What is your target loss?

Thanks all of you, how was the curry Jess? and yes Strix you're right it isn't good not to eat at all, food is such an issue for so many people in many different ways...it's a shame really isn't it?

It was ok thanks, I made a pumpkin risotto that was better. Still have loads of pumpkin left too :( You should come round for tea.

Hi Moonbird - sorry to hear about all the stress you're under.

Sounds lioke you and I have similar issues - I'm a real comfort eater when I'm stressed.

Well done for losing the first stone, What is your target loss?

Thank you Scoop :)

Bloomin food I have a love hate relationship with it, oh well at least I managed a stone :rolleyes: I haven't really set a target just keep going a stone at a time really but would like to lose about 4 stones if I can..haha!

Jess

I would love to come to tea but I don't have any ski's :D

I am trying (not very hard) to lose weight, up to now I have lost a stone but the comfort eating has reared its ugly head in the past week due to stresses in my life.

I cannot seem to get myself past the one stone loss mark and exercising is hard because of physical problems...I feel a bit sorry for myself :(

It would be great to hear of some success stories from people who have lost and kept weight off, and hear how you did it.

Well done Moonbird, I am on a permanent diet, but have only lost half a stone in 4 weeks. My diet is mostly lean meat, fish , chicken and loads of vegetables. I have a sweet tooth so afterwards its fruit or a low fat yoghurt.After a month im now craving chocolate(which I love) so finding it hard to resist, when they are all layed out before you in the supermarkets.:(

Jess

I would love to come to tea but I don't have any ski's :D

I do :D

H doesn't though :(

Well done Moonbird, I am on a permanent diet, but have only lost half a stone in 4 weeks. My diet is mostly lean meat, fish , chicken and loads of vegetables. I have a sweet tooth so afterwards its fruit or a low fat yoghurt.After a month im now craving chocolate(which I love) so finding it hard to resist, when they are all layed out before you in the supermarkets.:(

It took me about 6 weeks to lose a stone but since my Mum went in hospital I have struggled, I have not put any more back on which I am quite pleased about at least.

Half a stone in a month isn't bad Pattricia if you have a bit to lose as the loss slows right down after a while doesn't it? and they also say the slower the loss the more you keep off so its all good really.

I have been eating like you, loads of chicken and fish, lots of veg and salads, you are better than me though in resisting the chocolate, but I'm not going to worry as long as I can stay at this weight and can always pick it up again when things are more settled.

Thank you Scoop :)

Bloomin food I have a love hate relationship with it, oh well at least I managed a stone :rolleyes: I haven't really set a target just keep going a stone at a time really but would like to lose about 4 stones if I can..haha!

PM me if you'd like to be diet support buddies - I need to lose about two stones all gained over the last year or so (all stress realated comfort eating and too much wine I'm sorry to say:o).

Are you following any diet plan in particular or doing old the fashioned eat less move more plan?