Junior football, parents terrible behaviour

Tell me about it. I run a under 13s team and also am a referee and have seen so many incidents which is mainly caused by the parents. a under 13s game yesterday was abandoned and incident sent to F.A. parents these days dont let there kids get on with the football it is all about them selves which is pretty sad and to be honest the respect campaign is a waste of time thats why i am thinking of quitting as a referee can not be bothered with all the hassle

what u13's game was this?

Isn't this just football?

Parents mouthing off on the touchline; players (young to professionals) mouthing off on the pitch; little respect for the opposition, the ref/authority (rampant rule-breaking and acceptance or tolerance even of cheating) or plain common decency.

Add into this a squad trials mentality for very young players that rejects 11 and 12 year olds for not being "good enough" despite the fact that, at that age, there's a whole load of physical development yet to happen. Those "good enough" are encouraged into an arrogance which then feeds into still more "can't touch me" mouthing off.

Which is why I and my son haven't been anywhere near a junior or professional football pitch in recent years.

Hate the 'footy parents', screaming at the kids because they were crap when they were kids themselves, and now think they can make their own kids what they wanted to be...saddo's!

i,ve been a junior football manager since 1998 with 2 different teams, and do you know what, you,ve got it spot on, there are exceptions cos there,s some fantastic supportive parents out there, i,ve seen kids ripped apart by parents and managers aswell, shouted at in front of their team mates and there team mates parents, how can this give kids confidence, its ridiculous, junoir football is full of wannabe,s, managers and coaches tryin to make a name for themselves and when it goes tits up,they blame the kids, acadamies are a total waste of money as well, nothing would be different without them, they produce the odd player thats it, but those players would have come through anyway, too many managers and coaches who think they are something there not and too many parents living in dreamland im afraid, i could go on forever but thats junior football for yer,

I managed a jfc for a year, though almost every one of the parents thought they were the manager.

I've seen both extremes with my youngest lad!

I'll post a positive note concerning a recent game he was involved in against Greenhill, the game was end to end and very tight, and the players, parents and managers of Greenhill were a credit to the club.

Unfortunately I've seen the other end of the spectrum but I won't mention them by name.

Kids need a good rollocking if they aren`t pulling their weight and helping out their team-mates, makes them learn valueble lessons for later life that slouching and laziness is unacceptable. Same as in a classroom. So long as its words and not fists that are thrown, I cant see a problem.

I once saw a manager reduce his goalie to tears for letting in a goal, worst thing about it the lads dad supported the manager.

This was under 9's.

Kids need a good rollocking if they aren`t pulling their weight and helping out their team-mates, makes them learn valueble lessons for later life that slouching and laziness is unacceptable. Same as in a classroom. So long as its words and not fists that are thrown, I cant see a problem.

noob you wer probably bullied as a kid i expect, and your kids arnt as good as you,d hoped, chattin to kids on there level one on one and treating them as individuals will gain there respect and trust, different kids have different needs, iv,e met parents who have inspired there kids into excellent players, but i,ve met a lot more parents managers coaches and acadamies that have destroyd kids, wannabe,s and parents are ruining junior football, end of, factamundo

It's the league system that's destroying junior football.

could you explain please,

Are you that man in the vid-link? I think most people would rather have a slap than a tirade of demeaning words and being humiliated and abused by either their father or a coach, whether in front of a crowd or in private. It's the most demotivating thing that anyone can do to anyone.

Hurtful words to a child can stick with them for a lifetime. The best you can hope is that when the parent is an old man, he gets it back in spades. :)