Junior football, parents terrible behaviour

Parents who treat their children like this should have their kids taken away by social services! Shouting and swearing at your kid because they've not done well at football is child abuse in my eyes!!!

I was involved in junior football for 13 years with my son right from sunday league to semi pro and belive me the bad behaviour goes on in every part of sheffield. rotherham, doncaster, barnsley and no doubt every other city in britain, it isnt confined to good or bad areas.

I was involved in junior football for 13 years with my son right from sunday league to semi pro and belive me the bad behaviour goes on in every part of sheffield. rotherham, doncaster, barnsley and no doubt every other city in britain, it isnt confined to good or bad areas.

i do not think for one minute it is it is just the level of aggression that is shown that seems to differ could i also add that some managers seem to be as bad as the parents, a lot of people lose sight of the fact that it is about the kids

Parents who treat their children like this should have their kids taken away by social services! Shouting and swearing at your kid because they've not done well at football is child abuse in my eyes!!!

sometimes i feel like crying for some of the kids at matches whos parents are just horrible. What i can understand is why? Children will excel in a sport if they enjoy it anyway. And even if they dont isnt the point of it joining in And getting fit. I agree with shouting through encouragement But those who dont just make themselves look like ex wannabe footballers or sad lowlives

The other problem I find with these parents is the fact that the vast majority of them have either never played the game or never been any good at playing the game so really have no idea what they are talking about.

It's an excuse for them to live their life through their kids and in some way, dissolve their obvious incompetence/inadequacies.

You can spot them a mile off. It's always "get stuck in", "kick him up in the air", etc, etc.

Absolute clueless morons.

I've played for many years and still play now. Love the game but thank God my son's don't want anything to do with it.

Been involved with junior football for about 20 yrs have seen with the management as well as the parents in all area's of the South Yorkshire and the North Midlands. The FA are trying to sort things out but it is "Always after the event"

if people dont report it the fa cant take action,

however if there are no independent witnesses to corroborate the story [because if you report abusive team no doubt they will say it was you that was being abusive etc] on certain occasions the fa use it as a money making scheme and fine both teams regardless

The ref took the man's name and address at yesterday's game. Will be interesting to see if anything gets done

its not judgmental its the truth, i have been around junior football for years and you dont get this behaviour up at crosspool, dore etc but you do at arbourthorne heeley, wybourn, norfolk park, manor

i can think of a couple of teams that are repeat offenders and that is why they have the fines to prove it

There are no junior football matches played on the Wybourn, we don't even have any pitches marked out. !

Its some years since my lads were playing at that level but the worse I remember was against the team that play on the pitch near the English institute of sport, the players were fighting amongst themselves and the ref sent two of them of.

:( Hi Junior football has had bad parent behaviour for years I am afraid. I have seen police being involved, because things have got that bad.

The worst I have seen was a Police team playing in a match across the road from Concorde. both teams ended up fighting on the pitch. the referee just came to the sideline and chatted to us then booked them all when they had stopped fighting and reported it the league.

My dad has been a ref for years and he always says he will NEVER ref kids matches! Not cos of kids, but cos of parents!