Junior football, parents terrible behaviour

I went to an U15's match yesterday morning in Sheffield and was appalled at the parents behaviour !!! They were heckling the referee at first, which was bad enough, but then started on the opposition players. This carried on till into the second half when the ref had to send one of the parents off the field !! What sort of example does this set to their children ? No wonder we have so many football hooligans, they are being taught by their parents from an early age !!!

Fairly typical in some areas I'm afraid.

The kids have no chance in life if that's what their role models are like.

Fairly judgmental comment about 'some areas'.

Fairly judgmental comment about 'some areas'.

its not judgmental its the truth, i have been around junior football for years and you dont get this behaviour up at crosspool, dore etc but you do at arbourthorne heeley, wybourn, norfolk park, manor

i can think of a couple of teams that are repeat offenders and that is why they have the fines to prove it

its not judgmental its the truth, i have been around junior football for years and you dont get this behaviour up at crosspool, dore etc but you do at arbourthorne heeley, wybourn, norfolk park, manor

i can think of a couple of teams that are repeat offenders and that is why they have the fines to prove it

I think this is out of order. Don't tarnish ALL of the team with the same brush. I walk my dogs in Norfolk Park and often watch the football matches being played, not once have I seen this behaviour that you claim is typical.

It's fairly typical for football in general. It's a sport that somehow encourages an ugly, aggressive tribalism in many spectators, whatever the age of it's participants.

I think this is out of order. Don't tarnish ALL of the team with the same brush. I walk my dogs in Norfolk Park and often watch the football matches being played, not once have I seen this behaviour that you claim is typical.

im not saying all of them like that but having watched football in the areas mentioned [and seen fighting amongst the parents, also people chasing the referee going to hit him] im just saying it happens more at these areas than others and this is at under 7,8,9 age groups,

Edited by sheffgrow

Yes i'm sure people from more affluent areas never say a wrong word.

Yes i'm sure people from more affluent areas never say a wrong word.

they may do but they dont do it in an aggressive manner, listen i am not a silver spoon brigade myself i am s2 born and bred but you cant get away from the fact that it does mostly happen in these areas, i know one team with 8,9 year old kids that think it is ok for the kids to swear at eachother on the pitch etc while the parents dont see anything wrong in it,

Edited by sheffgrow

I live on the wybourn, i'm not oblivious to the fact that some kids will use foul language, but it's an unfair comment to just target it at certain area's.

I went to an U15's match yesterday morning in Sheffield and was appalled at the parents behaviour !!! They were heckling the referee at first, which was bad enough, but then started on the opposition players. This carried on till into the second half when the ref had to send one of the parents off the field !! What sort of example does this set to their children ? No wonder we have so many football hooligans, they are being taught by their parents from an early age !!!

report the behaviour to the county fa and the club secretary of the club involved,also to their age group registrar because what these parents dont realise is the only people that are going to miss out is the kids

I live on the wybourn, i'm not oblivious to the fact that some kids will use foul language, but it's an unfair comment to just target it at certain area's.

why is that?

this is something i have experience of and i know to be true and you dont, do you just feel the need to play devils advocate on any subject that is posted?