Sheffield - Home of the Great Unwashed?

How often do you have a shower/bath?  

122 members have voted

1. 1. How often do you have a shower/bath?

• Every day
    • Every other day
    • Twice a week
    • Once a week
    • Less than once a week

on the showering point. I'm right in thinking that it in unhealthy to shower more than once a day aren't I?

Originally posted by robbie

on the showering point. I'm right in thinking that it in unhealthy to shower more than once a day aren't I?

:roll: are you from Sheffield? :suspect::gag:

Me and the boy went to Graves Park in summer.

There was a falconry display there and the bloke doing it asked for some people to stand in two lines in the middle of the ring and hole hands with the person opposite to form a tunnel for the bird to fly down.

This was the point when I relised I was stood next to a bloke with a nylon footbal shirt on,half his teeth missing and who had never heard of deodorant.

So there we were with our arms in the air, Im looking at my little lad hoping he'd keep quiet, and he did but I was fully expecting ...."DAD HE STINKS"

ttfn

Originally posted by robbie

it's not that good fro your skin, as it strips all the oil out of it.

In India, the custom generally is to shower twice a day. Once in the morning, and once at night. An Indian colleague informs me that it would be 'quite impossible' to sleep without having showered in cool water, during the heat of the summer.

In the large English cities, the custom appears to be one shower/bath per month. I quite agree with the general consensus that the Sheffield working classes have become smellier, but their rank, polecat-like stench may be equally encountered amongst the flotsam and jetsam of other large English cities too. Sheffield has no monopoly upon pathetic ugliness either, which so often accompanies the foul aroma of decay and neglect. Liverpool, for example, has a general population that is 'international class' in terms of smelliness/ugliness. Pay a visit to the Saint John's [named after the patron saint of Incapacity Benefit] shopping centre in the city centre. There you will encounter in-bred, stenching, cursing, coughing, living cadavers in lycra who will make the riff raff of Sheffield look like landed gentry. Yes, the 'Damians' and 'Donna-Maries' have the edge in the 'unwashed' stakes over the 'Darrens' and 'Tracys'.

Originally posted by willman

think you must be travelling in the wrong circles m8y.

i genuinely think that the ladies are of the most attractive in the uk, style is a state of mind and its down to interpretation.

I didn't mean other countries... You only have to travel around this country to see that Sheffield is lacking in the style and looks genes.

Originally posted by Snook

I didn't mean other countries... You only have to travel around this country to see that Sheffield is lacking in the style and looks genes.

Ever been to Grimsby, city of monsters ?

Makes Sheffield look like a Paris catwalk show.

Originally posted by nick2

Ever been to Grimsby, city of monsters ?

Makes Sheffield look like a Paris catwalk show.

Everything's relative, of course.

i jus feel dirty if i dont shower everyday!!!

Originally posted by Snook

I expect you've never been to Glossop either?

Originally posted by timo

Sheffield has no monopoly upon pathetic ugliness either, which so often accompanies the foul aroma of decay and neglect. Liverpool, for example, has a general population that is 'international class' in terms of smelliness/ugliness. Pay a visit to the Saint John's [named after the patron saint of Incapacity Benefit] shopping centre in the city centre. There you will encounter in-bred, stenching, cursing, coughing, living cadavers in lycra who will make the riff raff of Sheffield look like landed gentry. Yes, the 'Damians' and 'Donna-Maries' have the edge in the 'unwashed' stakes over the 'Darrens' and 'Tracys'.

Timo, I feel you are being a little unfair on the city of Liverpool.

I will agree that it has more than its fair share of scruffy scragheads, but in the classier parts in town, and the posher areas of the city (all relatively speaking, of course), people look, smell, speak and behave much nicer.

Have you ever considered working for the Liverpool Tourist Board? No? Didn't think so ;)

Abdul,

Okay, I acknowledge that there are some 'classier' areas, such as Blundellsands and Lydiate to the north, and parts of Childwall and Mossley Hill to the south. I was exaggerating for comic effect. As you say, the city does have large numbers of 'scragheads', but there are some civilised enclaves. You are right, I am sometimes a little unfair to Liverpool.