Sheffield - Home of the Great Unwashed?

How often do you have a shower/bath?  

122 members have voted

1. 1. How often do you have a shower/bath?

• Every day
    • Every other day
    • Twice a week
    • Once a week
    • Less than once a week

It seems 5% have a shower/bath less than once a week. If this is accurate it means that 1 in 20 people really do pong. Of course it may be reasonable to conclude that many people who bathe less than once a week are not particularly willing to admit to it, so the figure may be higher. Are any of these people brave enough to admit to this level of personal hygiene and explain why they do not feel the need to wash more often?!?

I shower at least daily, sometimes twice.

But when I was little, people used to have a bath once a week, on a Sunday night, when they'd wash their hair. So did we all smell back then? :confused:

Originally posted by Andy

But when I was little, people used to have a bath once a week, on a Sunday night, when they'd wash their hair. So did we all smell back then? :confused:

Unlikely - it's just that as pre-pubescent (sp?) kids, we didn't sweat as much ;)

Originally posted by Andy

I shower at least daily, sometimes twice.

I think people must have smelt back then – especially as I imagine the use of deoderants, perfumes and aftershaves was not particularly common either. I suppose it was just the case that everyone smelled though so no one really noticed the pong. I think there are still many people around who are still in the ‘bath on a Sunday night’ mode that they grew up with, and they have brought their children up the same way.

Strangely it's often the same people who cover themselves in all the available deodorants, perfumes and aftershaves, and have air fresheners everywhere, are the same ones who throw up their hands in horror at any mention of the word 'chemical'. What do you think Laboratoire Garnier deals with, eh?

Strangely it's often the same people who cover themselves in all the available deodorants, perfumes and aftershaves, and have air fresheners everywhere, are the same ones who throw up their hands in horror at any mention of the word 'chemical'. What do you think Laboratoire Garnier deals with, eh?

Men (boys) who wear LYNX seem to think they don't need to wash too.

london underground is full of stinking people, as is paris metro

I shower at least twice a day. I wouldn't dream of leaving the house before I have showered. It irritates me when people smell - how difficult is it to have a shower?

Very difficult if you don’t have a shower. In any event, what’s the point in showering twice a day when you’ll be dirty again tomorrow. A bath a year is better — something to look forward to at Christmas. Much better than the usual prezzie e.g. pair of socks, scarf, hankies you’re never going to use while ever you’ve got a coat sleeve, bars of soap for a bit of a hint, or after-shave. Nobody ever buys me a shower. And that’s something you can’t chuck in a drawer and forget about!

Very difficult if you don’t have a shower. In any event, what’s the point in showering twice a day when you’ll be dirty again tomorrow. A bath a year is better — something to look forward to at Christmas. Much better than the usual prezzie e.g. pair of socks, scarf, hankies you’re never going to use while ever you’ve got a coat sleeve, bars of soap for a bit of a hint, or after-shave. Nobody ever buys me a shower. And that’s something you can’t chuck in a drawer and forget about!

An amazing stream of consciousness – have you been on the wacky backy again?

on the showering point. I'm right in thinking that it in unhealthy to shower more than once a day aren't I?

Actually it is meant to be unhealthy to shower more than once a day unless you've taken part in some physical activity other than reaching for the t.v remote!! Something to do with natural defences, skin moisture...blah blah blah

Showering unhealthy? There are many pleasures to be found in life, and most of them are unhealthy. Carry on showering fellow posters. It is enormous fun, especially if one shares the shower with a full-breasted naked lady. In any case, surely being caked in filth is even unhealthier?

In any case, surely being caked in filth is even unhealthier?

Depends if that naked lady was still on offer ;)