Belgrave Medical Centre- Has anyone ever been able to make an appointment?

No, I understood that you felt doctors needed to open longer hours and that it was they who were lazy - I was just pointing out that other people take time out to see a dr when they are so ill they need them, and it isn't because they are lazy or so wealthy they can afford lots of time off - In my humble onion, I think that the OP needs to grow a pair when it comes to her employer and just tell them that she will be an hour late or needs to leave 30 mins early to see her doctor - If she has declared her health conditions on her medical questionaire when she first took her job, I am sure that they are aware that she will need to see a dr at some point - and all employers allow time out to see drs and dentists so no worries there...

Yeah, sorry. :blush:

I read your post wrong.

In my defence ive just got home from work and im quite tired.

lol.

I have been registered at this surgery for over 30 years and must admit that I have had to make numerous appointments since my daughters birth six months ago and also whilst pregnant and have never had any problems really getting an appointment. They have started a new telephone system which is quite annoying and you can't book same day appointments. However, I have had to have urgent appointments. I do believe they also have a night when the surgery is open till 8pm, Wednesday I think. Explain your situation and I am sure they will fit you in.

Why do you as the first reply, feel the need to quote the whole OP?

Because I wanted to.

Your surgery have done their best to accomodate your needs and it's a shame that you haven't been able to accept what they offered.

GP's offer all sorts of ways to speak to or make an appointment with patients but as in all walks of life you cannot please all of the people all of the time. They are not lazy, they just haven't given you what you want.

It sounds to me like the walk in centre on Broad Lane will be your best bet. You can register there and either take an appointment they offer you or go and wait when you have time after work.

They may give you time of to attend the docs, but when you have to go to work, travel to the docs on the bus 45 mins, sit in there an hour and half and then travel 45 minutes back to work, to leave again an hour later to travel back again to go home. It'a a bit of pain and makes you feel more poorly.

That's not the docs fault then. That's between you and your employer.

That's not the docs fault then. That's between you and your employer.

I never said it was the docs fault did I ?

They also have a surgery on White Lane Gleadless, Just as difficult to get an appointment so we left. They are just not patient friendly at all. Ring at 8am if you want an appointment that day.....Engaged till all the appointments have gone.....Ring after 3pm....same story. I couldn't keep redialling cos I had to drive to work,if you have a day off work to try getting in but cant get through you have might as well have gone to work. I work as a Dental Nurse and if I dont turn up then many people are unable to get dental treament.. and how much do these people earn!!! more than me!!