Chisell/Mcnally/Gosling - researching family

Decided to start researching my family tree so wondering if anyone can fill in the missing pieces :)

Im not sure on my great grans maiden name, but her married name and my great grandad were Chisell. They lived on Deerlands Avenue. G.Gran was Kathleen Chisell (who passed in 1977 I think), not 100% on g.g.dads name, or when he passed. They had 10 children, Pauline being the eldest, and im not sure how the rest goes but Raymond, Marlene, Kathleen, Beryl, George, Alan, Bryan/Brian, Graham and Janet (being the youngest). Raymond didnt have children, to my knowledge and Janet has no children either. Marlene (married name McNally) had Monica, Peter and Bule. Kathleen has April, Annabel, Cherry and James. Beryl (who passed in 1988? I think) had David (who passed but im unsure when, does he have children?), Lesley (who passed in 2001 I think, and he had 1 daughter? Sarah? ) and Lee. George, im not sure if he has any children? Same goes for Alan and Graham, and Brian. Im not sure about those, for some reason my memory is clued up with my female great aunts and my gran but not the uncles. Can anyone fill in any gaps wrt Chisell family? Who was my great, great gran + g.dad? Maiden names?

Mcnally, my nans married name. She married Peter, and had son Peter, Daughter Monica then another Son Bule (Different father, different name, Beal). Snr Peter and my nan split up/he left? when Monica was 2-3years old. I know, from years ago, he went on to have atleast 2 other children, a son (called him Peter?!) and then another daughter, name unknown. Does anyone know these? My nan, when she was married I think lived around Dryden area. Then moved nearer to Ecclesfield - not sure if this was before/after her husband and her split. Nan turned 70 this year. And her eldest son 50, so they split around 40-45years ago. If anyone knows about the Mcnally generation, I dont want to get in touch unless they want too take the first move. I simply want to know were I come from. The last I knew, Snr Peter Mcnally lived in County Fermanagh? Ireland. Any info? Old school friends know more details?

Gosling family. My mums married name, my maiden name. All im aware of which is limited detail... Nan Winnie - this is the name I knew her by. Unknown g.dad name. Winnie died after 1991, I remember vaguely my mum going to her funeral? So possibly after 1996? Nan + g.dad Gosling, had again, 10 children (contraception in that era wasnt available obviously ;) ) their names, are (I think) Simon, Christopher, Wendy, Elizabeth (simons twin?) and thats where im stumped. Links to Shiregreen, Sheffield. Cleethorpes and Grimsby. I'm in touch with a few Goslings via facebook but im struggling with who is whos child, majority are my first cousins. Some second cousins I think. I know that Chris married a Sue, and had 1 daughter - Emma. Wendy had Adele and Ashley, not sure on her hubbys name but know that both children went to live with their dad when they split. My knowledge is Wendy is still around Shiregreen. Simon around North Sheffield, and Chris is too. Again, im not interested in some family reunion, I just want to know who I come from. Simon, my dad. And my mum.. unaware when they actually split, but I know they were married 16 years and were definatly split before 2000. Any more details?

Pretty long post I apologise but wanting to know who I am and be able to pass on my knowledge to my son. So he doesnt have to do what im doing! Any free, valuble websites you recommend? I know about Snr Peters life after his marriage to my gran due to my partner paying a sub fee on one of the websites but I need as much free info as possible before paying. I did get in touch, and sent a letter to my biological g.dad with a return address (being my mother in laws, whos never moved since the letter as I have) but I never got anything back. It was sent to either his daughter, or niece who said they'd pass on the letter - did they? I dont know.

Please help! Thanks in advance :)

Gina x

Well, to start you off.... Kathleen Chisell died in Jul-Sep 1977; her date of birth is given in the index as 29 September 1913. Your great-grandad was evidently Benjamin Chisell, born 21 April 1909, died July 1992. Benjamin Chisell married Kathleen Wilson in Sheffield in Jan-Mar 1932. Benjamin's parents were Benjamin and Esther Chisell. At the time of the 1911 census Benjamin senior was a crane driver; they lived at 2 ct 4 Harmer Gardens. PM me an email address if you would like a JPEG scan of the 1911 census page. Good luck!.:)

Well, to start you off.... Kathleen Chisell died in Jul-Sep 1977; her date of birth is given in the index as 29 September 1913. Your great-grandad was evidently Benjamin Chisell, born 21 April 1909, died July 1992. Benjamin Chisell married Kathleen Wilson in Sheffield in Jan-Mar 1932. Benjamin's parents were Benjamin and Esther Chisell. At the time of the 1911 census Benjamin senior was a crane driver; they lived at 2 ct 4 Harmer Gardens. PM me an email address if you would like a JPEG scan of the 1911 census page. Good luck!.:)

Now youve said Benjamin... its come to me! Kathleen+ Benjamin, had Kathleen who has a grandson called Ben... I knew he was called that but didnt know why! He died in 1992? I was born in 1991 and when asked why there was no pictures of me, or my sister with him ive been lead to believe he died a long time before me and her (born 1987) were here :confused: But will chase that up. Thank you! Will pm you my email :)

I know that Beryl and her 2 son are buried together, as are g.gran + grandad with Raymond, all at Shiregreen cemetry. I am planning on going to take a look at the headstones to find more details on dates, but not sure when the stone will be put back? Raymond was buried 2 days ago, does anyone know how long it takes them to put it back? Not sure if any writing has been planned to be put on the headstone wrt Ray. But just need an idea of when so I can go take a look. x

Gina ,

I knew the Chisell family and can fill in a few gaps on your tree

Pauline married Ron Bennett they have 2 daughters Pauline and Pamela and I am sure these 2 daughters have 2 daughters of there own , sorry cant help with names. George married Sandra ( now divorced ) and have 4 children Tracy , Tim , Charlotte , and I cant recall the youngest sorry. Brian married Carol ( divorced ) Brian now lives in Spain and they have 2 daughters Donna and Gaynor , I believe they have children but I cant be sure. Graham married Jackie and they had 3 children Darren , Paul and Michelle , they divorced and Graham married Pam and they have a daughter Mellissa. Alan is married to Lyn

and they have 2 lads Mark and Craig , Craig married Kelly this year and they have a son Benjamin ( named after your great grandfather ) When your Great grand parents married they lived in Wentworth Street which is off Imfirmary rd somewhere close to the Tesco which is on the site of the old Royal Hospital they then moves to 125 Deerlands Avenue just below the gates to Parson Cross park . As for the McNally side , your Grandfather Peter came from a large family and I recall some of his brothers , Joe ( schoolteacher in Ireland )

Richard ( Dicky ) lives in Sheffield and Sean who passed away a few years ago whilst still young. Your Grandads family are originally from a place called Temple or Tempo which is a small town outside Inniskillen in County Fermanagh Ireland . A few of the McNally brothers including your GD served time in the RAF , late fifties , early sixties.

Decided to start researching my family tree so wondering if anyone can fill in the missing pieces :)

Im not sure on my great grans maiden name, but her married name and my great grandad were Chisell. They lived on Deerlands Avenue. G.Gran was Kathleen Chisell (who passed in 1977 I think), not 100% on g.g.dads name, or when he passed. They had 10 children, Pauline being the eldest, and im not sure how the rest goes but Raymond, Marlene, Kathleen, Beryl, George, Alan, Bryan/Brian, Graham and Janet (being the youngest). Raymond didnt have children, to my knowledge and Janet has no children either. Marlene (married name McNally) had Monica, Peter and Bule. Kathleen has April, Annabel, Cherry and James. Beryl (who passed in 1988? I think) had David (who passed but im unsure when, does he have children?), Lesley (who passed in 2001 I think, and he had 1 daughter? Sarah? ) and Lee. George, im not sure if he has any children? Same goes for Alan and Graham, and Brian. Im not sure about those, for some reason my memory is clued up with my female great aunts and my gran but not the uncles. Can anyone fill in any gaps wrt Chisell family? Who was my great, great gran + g.dad? Maiden names?

Mcnally, my nans married name. She married Peter, and had son Peter, Daughter Monica then another Son Bule (Different father, different name, Beal). Snr Peter and my nan split up/he left? when Monica was 2-3years old. I know, from years ago, he went on to have atleast 2 other children, a son (called him Peter?!) and then another daughter, name unknown. Does anyone know these? My nan, when she was married I think lived around Dryden area. Then moved nearer to Ecclesfield - not sure if this was before/after her husband and her split. Nan turned 70 this year. And her eldest son 50, so they split around 40-45years ago. If anyone knows about the Mcnally generation, I dont want to get in touch unless they want too take the first move. I simply want to know were I come from. The last I knew, Snr Peter Mcnally lived in County Fermanagh? Ireland. Any info? Old school friends know more details?

Gosling family. My mums married name, my maiden name. All im aware of which is limited detail... Nan Winnie - this is the name I knew her by. Unknown g.dad name. Winnie died after 1991, I remember vaguely my mum going to her funeral? So possibly after 1996? Nan + g.dad Gosling, had again, 10 children (contraception in that era wasnt available obviously ;) ) their names, are (I think) Simon, Christopher, Wendy, Elizabeth (simons twin?) and thats where im stumped. Links to Shiregreen, Sheffield. Cleethorpes and Grimsby. I'm in touch with a few Goslings via facebook but im struggling with who is whos child, majority are my first cousins. Some second cousins I think. I know that Chris married a Sue, and had 1 daughter - Emma. Wendy had Adele and Ashley, not sure on her hubbys name but know that both children went to live with their dad when they split. My knowledge is Wendy is still around Shiregreen. Simon around North Sheffield, and Chris is too. Again, im not interested in some family reunion, I just want to know who I come from. Simon, my dad. And my mum.. unaware when they actually split, but I know they were married 16 years and were definatly split before 2000. Any more details?

Pretty long post I apologise but wanting to know who I am and be able to pass on my knowledge to my son. So he doesnt have to do what im doing! Any free, valuble websites you recommend? I know about Snr Peters life after his marriage to my gran due to my partner paying a sub fee on one of the websites but I need as much free info as possible before paying. I did get in touch, and sent a letter to my biological g.dad with a return address (being my mother in laws, whos never moved since the letter as I have) but I never got anything back. It was sent to either his daughter, or niece who said they'd pass on the letter - did they? I dont know.

Please help! Thanks in advance :)

Gina x

Brian Chisell does come back to Sheffield from Spain quite often.

Thanks boza!

Ahh right, know he lived in spain jaffa

I am related to quite a few with the surname of Gosling. The earliest being a Matthew Gosling circa 1810 from Eckington, Derbyshire, which isn't far from Sheffield

Hi Gina.

Im Tim one of the main lads off the Chisell family, Geogre's son... Marlean is my aunt and lives just round the corner from me. I have a lot of paper work that my uncle Brian collected over a few years researching the Chisell name. send me an email to [email protected] and ill give you my phone number if you still want to know more.

tim

who are you Jaffa1? I am Brian Chisell now i live in India :hihi:

---------- Post added 28-10-2015 at 18:28 ----------

hillsbro, how can we trace the McMahon family tree got stuck but somehow we think they came from Labsheeda in Ireland

I knew Brian Chisell well .We were best mates living on Deerlands. I lived at 200 Deerlands Ave. Brian married my wife's friend Carol Beardhall, but they divorced. Brian and I both worked together at Thos. Wraggs, Loxley