SHEFFIELD STORIES wants your stories!

I took Hopman's question to mean what fee do you PAY your authors, not what fee do you CHARGE them...

This project is not paid, but authors gain the chance to have their work edited, published and also have the opportunity to perform their work to an audience on our live mic nights. It is a great way to get your work out there and also have it heard by many people. Budding writers gain a fantastic experience to note on CV's or to form part of a portfolio, and established writers will be extending their working areas into a massive project that is rapidly gaining interest throughout Sheffield.

Although this project is unpaid, I feel that, as a writer myself, this is an opportunity that anybody wanting to go into writing should DEFINATELY consider.

We hope to hear from you all soon!

Adam

Sheffield Stories Team

Hi,

I am really interested in this...when is the cut off date for submissions??

Hi billykat,

You haven't missed it yet! - There is still plenty of time! We will soon be stopping submissions as we have to start the editing/publishing process and the arrangement of more live performance nights.

To be sure that your submission is considered, I would advise that you submit it within the next week if you can. If not, preferably before mid-December. We are currently arranging our next live night for mid-December time also, so if you wish to perform your story, definately before then!

I know this is a little vague, but submit as soon as you can!

Thanks for your interest!

Sheffield Stories Team

http://www.sheffieldstories.webs.com

Hi Adam.

I’ve sent you a contribution and received an E Mail back from Lauren…

“Hi Mick,

Thank you for your contribution, your story is exactly the type of thing we're looking for - emotive and quintessentially Sheffield...”

Has anyone else from the SFWG had a go yet? And will you be making a little mention of the SFWG – after all its “Tit for tat”.

Keep up the good work. :thumbsup:

Regards Coyley

Hey Coyley,

Yes we've had quite a few responses from SFWG, and we are hoping there are still more to come! SFWG will definately get a mention as there has been a great response from everyone on here which we value immensely! Afterall, no-one tells a Sheffield story better than the people that live there!

Our team meet up every friday so I will tell the rest of the group that we shall feature the SFWG on our website, and in our publication!

Thanks for your story!

Adam

http://www.sheffieldstories.webs.com

Dear all readers and writers of Sheffield Forum Writers Group!

Just to keep you all in the loop, you have probably noticed over the past few posts by us that we now have an up-and-running website! Please check it out as it's got a lot of information on there and different ways to contact us!

The URL is http://www.sheffieldstories.webs.com and we keep updating it and checking on it regularly as we do with the forum.

On another note, we are building a mailing list of writers and people who are generally interested in the project and would like to attend the open mic nights. Please contact us via email to either submit a story OR to let us know you will be interested in hearing about the live mic nights! Check the website for information on the open mic nights too!

Looking forward to hearing from and working with you soon!

Adam

Sheffield Stories Team

Edited by SheffStories

An old chap once told me a story about him spearing a seal in the Don at Attercliffe behind some steelworks. Apparently him and the lads were on a break and were stood on the banks of the Don having their snap when one of the lads saw something that he thought was a black bag washed down the river "probably them mucky buggers in Win Gardens" he said as he lobbed a length of half inch bar at it. He said that all the lads 'Jumped' when the seal poked its head out of the Don. He mentions a steel bar and seal for tea but it's all a bit foggy from there on.

He quite often shouts 'Bloody black bin bags' in his sleep.

I dont believe him, personally but its a corker of a story when he tells it. :hihi::hihi: