Door Step Collectors / Charity Mugger Chuggers

evening

incase your kids are about to go to bed /settle down, and you could do without being disturbed .....there are two sets of charity chugger muggers/ doorstep collecting teams doing the rounds of S35 tonight. One set wearing blue n ornage, another in yellow and red.

oh. and further to my previous mutterings, you amy like to know that Barnsley town centre now has Charity Mugger Chuggers from national charities in attendance this week.

xgx

1-The odds on kids in s35 been in bed are this early are slim unless they tired themselfs last night when they were setting off firework on assorted roads.

2-Are you sure there charity collectors did you ask them ? see there id ? which charitys is it for ?

3-while i dont agree with door knocking tactics whats wrong with them standing in the cold asking people to donate..you can always walk away.

4-you might need help from a charity one day, perhaps you should be a bit more giving or is that pound stuck to your hand ?

naughty elf

my post is merely to let people know that there are door knocking collectors about. some people don't like disturbing at this time of night, when its dark outside and just before halloween and the northern festival of mischief night.

1- the kids in this house are just going to bed and the younger ones on this street are already in bed.

2- yes they were charity collectors, i saw their id. what charity they are from is not really relevant, my post was to let people know some /two sets of charity collectors in the area may be knocking on their door and so people could avoid /refrain from answering/ switch the bell off if they want to.

3 - yes they can stand in the cold and knock, quite right, yes they can. but when they block my neighbours from getting out their car on their property, that's not on. Nor ringing the bell repeatedly/ knocking 6 times when you just have got your baby down

4 - so one day i may need help from a charity, yeah, we all may, who is to say I already haven't needed help from a charity?. But i don't think you know anything about me -aside of my ful ltime job, I volunteer for a charity, help parents set up charities and support groups and yeah, i give to charity too. the way i want, when i want. not at 6-7pm in the dark on a doorstep/driveway/passageway .

Edited by xgrifterx
spelling

It's a good job that my front light isn't working... nobody bothers to walk down our path in the dark ^_^

:rant:Am I being extremly rude by telling charity collectors (collecting for Macmillan nurse in S8) that I dont appreciate being hassle at the doorstep at 8pm on a friday evening????:rant:

They must be desperate if they're reduced to collecting in Barnsley.

All cold calling whether by charity collectors or salespeople is to be stopped by this government.

All cold calling whether by charity collectors or salespeople is to be stopped by this government.

good im fed up of running downstairs to get to the door before they wake my kids up, especialy when the speil is hi im not selliong anything i work for x could you spare.

the way i see it is if i want to give you something i will look for you not the other way rnd

:rant:Am I being extremly rude by telling charity collectors (collecting for Macmillan nurse in S8) that I dont appreciate being hassle at the doorstep at 8pm on a friday evening????:rant:

Ha ha was supposed to be S8 :hihi:

good im fed up of running downstairs to get to the door before they wake my kids up, especialy when the speil is hi im not selliong anything i work for x could you spare.

the way i see it is if i want to give you something i will look for you not the other way rnd

Exactly!!!! but if you are a collector/sales person do you actually expect people to be nice to you? :huh:

evening

incase your kids are about to go to bed /settle down, and you could do without being disturbed .....there are two sets of charity chugger muggers/ doorstep collecting teams doing the rounds of S35 tonight. One set wearing blue n ornage, another in yellow and red.

oh. and further to my previous mutterings, you amy like to know that Barnsley town centre now has Charity Mugger Chuggers from national charities in attendance this week.

xgx

People round my way are without their doorsteps after a visit from these ruffians.

i tell em all im already signed up to thier charity and they usually leave straight away

i already have dd's for several charitys i feel passionatly about, i prefer to approach a charity myself than have someone hassling me on my doorstep into giving them my bank details