The All Things Rooney Megathread

man utd have dropped a huge ******* they will lose millions not renewing his contract last year

man utd have dropped a huge ******* they will lose millions not renewing his contract last year

What have they done wrong?

utter joke. He screwed Everton over and is now wanting to leave one of the biggest clubs in the world.

Ferguson to blame? I dont agree with that but I know where you are coming from. He has lost it with other big players before. Just remember how Japp Stam left.

Ferguson is partly to blame. In the interview he was very condescending, constantly referring to him as "the boy". Perhaps Rooney has had enough of Ferguson's attitude and stood up for himself. If so, good for him.

I have to agree with you.

Ferguson was not only condescending, but wanting too much sympathy.

He says he has done everything for the boy, everything except helping Rooney develop into a mature adult.

Ferguson tempted Rooney as a teenager from Everton with 'gold and riches'

If Rooney feels under valued /uncared about (see Roonney's retort to camera about England fans having a go) then it is hardly surprising that Rooney is seeking refuge elswere. He may believe he can dodge the constant bad press by moving to such as Spain.

He is mistaken of course even if he became Saint for the rest of his life there are those who will still hound him.

The other thing here is will Rooney want to play for England if he still gets abuse from some fans i.e. mainly Man U.

Everton fans stopped riling him a year ago, now Man U fans will despise him.

Maybe he could give up the football and become an underwear model or aftershave salesman like David Beckham.

Or maybe not!:gag:

:hihi::hihi:

I wonder if Ronaldo has had a word with him already. Trying to get them back together

The Man Utd Chairman is quoted as saying that Rooney told them at the beginning of the season that he wants to move, also it is speculated that the move is wanted for football reasons rather than financial as Man Utd were rumoured to have offered him in excess of £150K a week, which Rooney will probably will not be able to top elsewhere.

Over the last couple of years Tevez and Ronaldo have left, Scholes and Giggs have both passed 35 and who did Man Utd sign to strengthen the team this year? Javier Hernandez, Chris Smalling and Bebe, has Rooney perceived this as a club showing a lack of ambition?

Is it now becoming clearer that under the Glazier regime Man Utd are in serious decline, it's ambition brought Rooney to United in the first place and as such Man Utd and Ferguson can hardly complain if Man Utd's lack of ambition causes Rooney to look elsewhere.

The Man Utd Chairman is quoted as saying that Rooney told them at the beginning of the season that he wants to move, also it is speculated that the move is wanted for football reasons rather than financial as Man Utd were rumoured to have offered him in excess of £150K a week, which Rooney will probably will not be able to top elsewhere.

Man City would be able to add another £100k a week to that which would be interesting (and hilarious).

If you look at Rooney's career since he joined Man Utd he has basically had two good seasons (his first season there and 2009/10) and one good tournament for England. Overrated? Maybe. Although a move to City, Real or Barca could give him a new lease of life.

I don't think rooney was too impressed with ferguson telling the press that he was injured when he wasn't.

Agreed. I think this could be the end of Rooney's ManYoo 'career' :hihi:

Sorry, am I allowed to laugh? If not, have some tears instead :cry: :cry:

x x x

Rooney is about to find out what numerous other players have learned before him..no one player is bigger than the club

Rooney is about to find out what numerous other players have learned before him..no one player is bigger than the club

I'd lose what respect I have for Fergie if he backed down now.

But at least he's better than Wenger.

I'd lose what respect I have for Fergie if he backed down now.

But at least he's better than Wenger.

What do you mean by back down? Rooney let the club now at the start of the season that he wanted to leave, what actions of Ferguson would constitute backing down?