Where Would You Run Sheffield's Public Transport To?

Up Chesterfield Road and stop it at the shops on Meadowhead.

..where they used to stop until 1960..

I was thinking more just along Bochum parkway from where it terminates at the moment.

It'd be a lot easier

I was thinking more just along Bochum parkway from where it terminates at the moment.

It'd be a lot easier

There are no habitations along Norton Parkway. Chesterfield Road IS a centre of habitation.

Having tram run up Chesterfield Road from London Road and not use that ridiculous, useless and wasteful Herding Park spur.

Tram need to run along the traditional populated areas.

And the grass is greener elsewhere.

When I first visited my son, I was pleasantly surprised by the high standard and high frequency of public transport in Sheffield. I could catch a bus into the City Centre from a stop within 75 yards of his house every 10 minutes or so. - That was certainly a bit more frequent than I'm used to. - When I lived in Norfolk, I could catch a bus into Norwich City Centre on the 1st and 3rd Saturdays of every month!

There were buses to smaller market towns which ran more frequently. - You could get a bus to the nearest market town every day (except on Sundays and public holidays.) You couldn't get a bus back the same day, however - You'd have to wait until the next day for that.

You should have tried living in Kings Lynn.....

Firstly they need to utalise what we have got, and make best use of it without tearing up roads etc. If they used the space beside the track between the station and dore and then onto dronfield. Just think it would even easier to visit Beauchief and Graves park, Abbeydale Road, Meersbrok Park, AND they would not need to run as many buses.

Into the Ladybower Reservoir

The tram needs to carry on where it left off at middlewood and utilise the old railway line through oughtibridge and wharnecliffe and connect Stocksbridge and Deepcar. Wouldnt have to have a link bus then
Been saying that for years :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

There are no habitations along Norton Parkway. Chesterfield Road IS a centre of habitation.

Having tram run up Chesterfield Road from London Road and not use that ridiculous, useless and wasteful Herding Park spur.

Tram need to run along the traditional populated areas.

There are houses all along the right hand side of the Parkway (if your travelling towards the Norton pub)

Plus the ease they could connect from Town end to Norton/Lowedges etc is a lot easier and quicker (and cheaper) than running it all the way up Chesterfield road.

Plus they have space to make it so the tram wouldn't go actually on the roads so it wouldn't disrupt traffic as it would have to coming up through Woodseats.

Been saying that for years :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

The old woodhead line. I doubt very much this line will reopen so putting the tram along here would be a good idea. Trams do run on railway lines like in Manchester.

Crookes/ Walkley-Stannington, Crookes/Walkley to Ecclesall Road. Crookes/ Walkley to Crosspool/ Fulwood.

we need a decent park and ride positioned for anybody coming off the motorway

I'd suggest the new train station (has that been mothballed btw?) at the advanced manufacturing park just off the parkway is the perfect solution, then increase the frequency of the trains

Is Sheffield the only city without a sizeable park and ride? The facilities at the Halfway tramstop are massively inadequate for todays commuting needs

'The old route' through Beighton should be reopened, a station reinstated at Beighton, and a park and ride installed for north bound incoming commuters somewhere along this line (possibly Halfway or Killamarsh)

we need a decent park and ride positioned for anybody coming off the motorway

I'd suggest the new train station (has that been mothballed btw?) at the advanced manufacturing park just off the parkway is the perfect solution, then increase the frequency of the trains

Is Sheffield the only city without a sizeable park and ride? The facilities at the Halfway tramstop are massively inadequate for todays commuting needs

'The old route' through Beighton should be reopened, a station reinstated at Beighton, and a park and ride installed for north bound incoming commuters somewhere along this line (possibly Halfway or Killamarsh)

there is a park and ride at Middlewood, not near the motorway but it is pretty big