Wednesday World Cup Venue

What SUFC fans don't realise is that McCabe lost his last throw of the dice with SUFC's world cup bid, it was his way of getting Utd out of their current debt problem that will dwarf the Owls current problems in around 18 months time.

Yes, is the answer to the question "do would be investors of SWFC have an eye on the world cup bid" It will bring in anywhere between 20-40 Million to the host clubs.

What SUFC fans don't realise is that McCabe lost his last throw of the dice with SUFC's world cup bid, it was his way of getting Utd out of their current debt problem that will dwarf the Owls current problems in around 18 months time.

Yes, is the answer to the question "do would be investors of SWFC have an eye on the world cup bid" It will bring in anywhere between 20-40 Million to the host clubs.

As a businessman who is fascinated by business in football (i.e. none of it has any relationship to the real world) can you back up your claims to both paragraphs with facts and figures? Not winding you up, I am genuinely interested.

As a businessman who is fascinated by business in football (i.e. none of it has any relationship to the real world) can you back up your claims to both paragraphs with facts and figures? Not winding you up, I am genuinely interested.

Partially, yes.

I'll dig them out later and repost.

Afraid today I am wanting to bring the Save Our Owls campaign to people's attention and so am concentrating on that at the moment.

I really don't understand how anyone can try and knock the hotel. It is rated the most popular hotel in Sheffield, on the worlds largest travel review site. Poke fun all you want, but you can't argue agaist this:

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g186364-d1200886-Reviews-Copthorne_Sheffield-Sheffield_South_Yorkshire_England.html

The popularity rating doesn't mean it is the one that is used most / busiest.

The popularity rating doesn't mean it is the one that is used most / busiest.

If you cant get a room between certain dates does that not tell you it is being used to its full potential ie. all rooms fully booked.

The hotel has yet to be anything other then a drain on resources and does not look like making a profit anytime soon.

If you cant get a room between certain dates does that not tell you it is being used to its full potential ie. all rooms fully booked.

For the hard of learning - the popularity ratings are based on the marks out of 10 given by customers who review the hotel on the website - it has got nothing to do with how busy the hotel is.

For the hard of learning - the popularity ratings are based on the marks out of 10 given by customers who review the hotel on the website - it has got nothing to do with how busy the hotel is.

For the others who can't read does the fully booked from beginning of Oct to after Christmas not mean its full during them dates?

But my post on it being busy from Oct - Christmas does..... :loopy:

For the others who can't read does the fully booked from beginning of Oct to after Christmas not mean its full during them dates?

Try going to the website.

http://www.millenniumhotels.co.uk/copthornesheffield/index.html

I searched for availability for 2 nights 3 and 4 November. Came up with 12 rooms available.

united owe mcabe 50 million,small spuds to wat wednesday owe......its not secured,but if one of the clubs businessses under performs or folds,like a deck of cards,the whole lot falls.

the aussies that own the hotels,arent happy,view arcadia accounts.

united could do a wimbledon,afc sheff utd,starting in lower leagues,thered be no administration as at hillsbro,utd would need to form a new club,thier debts would be absolutley HUGE,theyd be lucky if theres a ground left.

u have to feel for unitedites really,because hardley any think theres a problem,in reality,there many times worse off than wednesday,there economys false,the business cant sustain the outlay,the figures are viewable,hence the cutbacks at united,which will get bigger as the season drags on,more sales out,more loans in.

the books wont balance,and by A VERY big amount!!

united owe mcabe 50 million,small spuds to wat wednesday owe......its not secured,but if one of the clubs businessses under performs or folds,like a deck of cards,the whole lot falls.

the aussies that own the hotels,arent happy,view arcadia accounts.

united could do a wimbledon,afc sheff utd,starting in lower leagues,thered be no administration as at hillsbro,utd would need to form a new club,thier debts would be absolutley HUGE,theyd be lucky if theres a ground left.

u have to feel for unitedites really,because hardley any think theres a problem,in reality,there many times worse off than wednesday,there economys false,the business cant sustain the outlay,the figures are viewable,hence the cutbacks at united,which will get bigger as the season drags on,more sales out,more loans in.

the books wont balance,and by A VERY big amount!!

I thought they had made magic mushrooms illegal.