Wednesday World Cup Venue

Star reports on 2018 World Cup bid -

Asked if there were any reservations about the scale of the work needed to be done at Hillsborough, Coyle replied: "None, the ground will be OK. All the stadiums, with the possible exceptions of Wembley and the Emirates, need some work doing to make them World Cup compliant and Sheffield Wednesday are looking at that.

"Hillsborough will be a unique venue as part of the mix, there is such a lot of history there. Hillsborough has something different to offer with the 1966 element (four games played there in the last England-staged World Cup.) But it is helpful that we have some time to resolve some of the issues."

"As for Sheffield United, he said: "They are an essential part of the bid. They are part of our stakeholder team, Bramall Lane is listed as a training ground but also there is the Academy"

Why don't they use Bramall Lane as a campsite for all supporters on a budget. The pitch should be in good condition because of all the Body Waste the plays on it every week....

suprised the olympics didnt want to use hilsborough as a olympic swimming pool aka the floods

Another set of classic posts from an owl telling Blades about THEIR fiancial woes.:hihi::hihi:

YOU COULDN'T MAKE IT UP.:roll::roll::roll::roll:.

It's just TOOOOOO easy on here

It's just TOOOOOO easy on here

Hi i gave my all to utd and ended up being shown the out door when id done nothing wrong. I was a massive blades fan and all i ever wanted to do was to work at the ground, they even placed a replacement after me and they did the same to him...

Yours N Warnock x

It is Neil it is.:hihi::hihi:..

Another set of classic posts from an owl telling Blades about THEIR fiancial woes.:hihi::hihi:

YOU COULDN'T MAKE IT UP.:roll::roll::roll::roll:.

it's usually the other way around, with blades in denial.

ps what is the total debt of all football clubs in the uk?

it's usually the other way around, with blades in denial.

ps what is the total debt of all football clubs in the uk?

Denial of what?.

ps Don't know.

It was reported earlier this year yhat the total debt of premier league clubs alone was £3.5bn.

We made a cool Million out of Bromby and Quinn, plus they were in the team that got us promotion (and beat you lot - good old Quinny!!).

Geary was an excellent servant to the Blades, shame he had to retire!!

Whose this France bloke you speak of?

You spent more than that on their wages whilst they warmed your bench before you realised what we already knew :hihi:

Never signed for wednesday, was on trial there.

You'd think oddbotty would have known that.

Nice one sherlock.

That's why I called him a nevergonnabe. :loopy:

You spent more than that on their wages whilst they warmed your bench before you realised what we already knew :hihi:

It was all worth it FrontBottom just to see Quinny rattle one in off Shipperleys fat arse infront of you lot :)

I really don't understand how anyone can try and knock the hotel. It is rated the most popular hotel in Sheffield, on the worlds largest travel review site. Poke fun all you want, but you can't argue agaist this:

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g186364-d1200886-Reviews-Copthorne_Sheffield-Sheffield_South_Yorkshire_England.html

It's been fully booked up from the beggining of October till past Christmas. Trust me, I've tried to get a room there!!

I'm sick of seeing these threads about us being Sheffield's host if they get the WC.

It's clear that the Sheffield United fans are bitter about it, and please don't deny it, because you are. All I've seen from every Blades fan is that "it'll never happen anyway" "it was rigged". It WILL happen if it the bid gets accepted, because there is too much potential for the club, owners and the stadium for it not to happen.

But there is no point in worrying about it at this point in time, because we have no idea if England is going to get the bid or not. I looked at the odds and it was 8/11 for England to get it and 6/4 for Russia to get it. Although Paris was odds on when London got 2012, so who knows.