Local Fishing areas?

Barlow lakes is a good place to spend a summer's evening (very topical I know) and there's plenty of room to cast. They've a couple of coarse ponds and a couple of trout ponds - well stocked. Of course the trout taste a bit muddy...

I would recommend Aston Pond's this time of year. They are about a 20 minute drive from Sheffield City Centre, just before junction 31 of the M1. There are five well stocked ponds and you are guarenteed to catch. It cost £5 for the day but is well worth it.

Any decent carp in Aston ponds Rmada, and does it fish well for them in winter?

cheers

John.

There are carp upto 30lbs i have been told. Nearly every species is stocked, the Split Pond fishes well in summer, match catches still yo 50lb. I have fished many times when it has been close to freezing and still caught. Method I use in winter in groundbait feeder with corn as bait.:

well it seem that this thread has got verry topical..... do fish feel pain.. you bunch of jessys!!! sorry but i fish for pleasure and food. yes i eat sum of the fish i catch. and if any one is interested the river calder in elland has great trout fishing going on at the moment. a day pass is £3 and you shure to catch. take care and for those that do not fish enjoy you debate......:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

there's plenty of fishing local,you have the canal what starts in town and goes all the way to doncaster,and a lot of it is free now from just after the city center to plumpers stretch at tinsley,theres also kjs at killamarsh,noorwood at killamarsh aswell is good,kivetonhall farm is good all year round.theres also a new pond opned this summer at kiveton call kiveton waters and just a bit further a field you got hayfield lakes doncaster,hallcroft at retford,the chesterfield canal from worksop,lodge farm near bawtry,bank end at doncaster,lindholme at doncaster,so there's plenty to got at most places now charge a day ticket of about a fiver.happy fishing!!!!!!

tree huggers what can i say..it's not like we kill the animal with a pack of dogs,before you sate an opion you might want to come and see just how well fish are treated by anglers on the bank side!!!

Hello,

Do you know areas for fishing trout near Sheffield? Could you also explain me the legislation about fishing in England and in the different ares?

Thank you,

Arnaud

if you go on this site they will help you out

http://southyorkshirefishing.co.uk/index.php

and as far as t020 keep to your own lovely sport of sitting next to your telly and leave our sport allone stick to some thing you know about eastenders and cornation street

are there any fishing equipment rentals at the place? I have nothing and want to go fishing too

I’m planning on fishing Aston Ponds soon, travelling there on the 23 bus to Wales Bar. I don’t really know the area though, and I’ve had a look on the internet, but can’t see anywhere telling you which stop to get off at.

Anyone got any ideas? Or if I just say Aston Ponds will the driver know where that is?

Cheers, Bf.

Why not instead spend your time doing something constructive rather than something cruel?

I see you have an England flag as your avatar. Presumably this means you are a football fan. Why don't you spend your time doing something constructive instead of watching a bunch of highly overpaid idiots kicking a ball around?

:loopy:

You see. If you had said you didn't eat fish then I could have understood your side of the debate. You can't have it both ways. Anglers have to put the fish back they are not allowed to kill them with a few exceptions of Salmon and Trout.

The fish doesn't know the difference.

With fishing for food the fish dies

With fishing for pleasure the fish lives to spawn another day.

Are you suggesting a complete ban on angling? Unlikely to happen it is the most participated sport in this country bar none.

btw. Do you have any suggestions for something more constructive?

i once ate a fish !!!!! jayne i think her name was ??