Club debts "sort it"

do you think the league should introduce a debt cap ?? i.e a club cant owe more than its yearly income?? n would it sort out the glory hunters or would real madrid just dominate ?

too late ??? which clubs are not in debt ?

did alot of clubs (like wednesday) spend the cash they didn't have from the itv football <removed> years ago ?

Edited by happyhippy
removed masked swearing

cardiff annoy me how are they allowed to sign the calibre of players after been in the dudu i dont know

cardiff annoy me how are they allowed to sign the calibre of players after been in the dudu i dont know

I bet a lot of the teams in league 1 thought that about wednesday too when they signed mellor, coke and that other big striker.

I don't think a debt cap would work but i thinka europe wide wage cap would- say each team can spend upto XXXmillion on wages- to be distributed how they see fit then its upto them to manage that. It works well in rugby so why not in football? In the next few years there will be the first 500k per week salary and thats when we know its gone truely mad!

It would turn football clubs into profitable businesses again instead of bottomless holes that owners need to keep pumping money into to survive.

"Players wages not to exceed 60% of club income"

Sorted.

I bet a lot of the teams in league 1 thought that about wednesday too when they signed mellor, coke and that other big striker.

I don't think a debt cap would work but i thinka europe wide wage cap would- say each team can spend upto XXXmillion on wages- to be distributed how they see fit then its upto them to manage that. It works well in rugby so why not in football? In the next few years there will be the first 500k per week salary and thats when we know its gone truely mad!

It would turn football clubs into profitable businesses again instead of bottomless holes that owners need to keep pumping money into to survive.

years ago people would be calling you crackers :hihi: now you would be crackers to think otherwise lol

do you think the league should introduce a debt cap ?? i.e a club cant owe more than its yearly income?? n would it sort out the glory hunters or would real madrid just dominate ?

Fifa are actually introducing such a rule, simular to what your talking about

While Sky and major sponsers put up silly money nowt at the top will change until the supporters vote with their feet. How much longer will the common man pay £30-£60 for a match ticket? when spoilt oiks earning £100,000 a week , keep making the headlines with off the pitch antics ?

Boro an ex premiership club, were getting gates of 30,000 plus now down below 15,000. Leeds v Cardiff 20,000 !! Gates are falling all over the country already. Sheffield gates are down but holding up a lot better than most. But for how much longer?

Overpaid muppets and silly gate prices will ruin the game. Forget our blind loyaltys to our clubs, how many quality footballers nationwide would you get up on a Saturday morning to travel and watch ?? not many.there are no George Bests, Curries or Waddles out there any more. £200,000 a week will get you a tubby , massage parlour lurker , wife cheater, oik with the social skills of a ape...FOOTBALLS GONE MAD!

Edited by TAT

While people are stupid enough to bail clubs out with £2m sweeteners to pay their bills the situation will never change.

Some clubs have all the luck.

Real Madrid are in Massive debt, same as Barcelona. Barcelona ran out of money in the summer and had to get a loan to keep the club operating.

As I understand it, Mesi is on £600,000 a week, (£30m a year) at Barca.

£5,000 a week, worldwide, and if they don't like it, tell 'em to gerra job as a bin man, or a milk man or summat.

While people are stupid enough to bail clubs out with £2m sweeteners to pay their bills the situation will never change.

Some clubs have all the luck.

it's an advance.