Friday 19th November - Where could 2, 30 something old clubbers go out?

I've got me mate coming over to Sheff the other halfs are out for the night, just us blokes, we both used to love our music, still do, he used to run a music magazine I used to work on another... we love comsic disco, Italo type stuff.

Anyone got any suggestions where 2 old ravers could go to hear some decent music without being made to feel old. A late bar would do it.

But not generic house... something a bit Berlin would be perfect.

Don't think there's anywhere that plays cosmic/italo or anything berlin-esque...

Bungalows and Bears has the (very) occasional night with that feel but 3rd Fridays aren't one of them (Asbo-a-Gogo, not for you by the sounds of it), Harley has a jungle night on then, Sawa on Arundel Gate attracts a less teeny crowd but don't know what's on 19th, could be anything from disco/funk to house, worth phoning to check as they had Afronaught (Bugz in the Attic) on last weekend but could equally be a funk/hiphop night.

Sad to say but the general forum response to questions like this is 'Leeds' or 'Manchester'...not to say there aren't good things going on here but Sheffield trails way behind most other big cities for electronic music. If you find somewhere though let me know!!!

Thanks for this The Wicker!

The Sawa sounds like an o.k bet, can't find any listings for it, any ideas?

I went to Dulo when I first came here and it was really sketchy, full of crack dealers... not idea but it did have an edge.

B&B could be amazing, I did get chatting to some Beats in Space fans who were DJing in there once, but they said "they were on a lone mission" shame really.

The Harley has a jungle night on the Friday.

I will let you know if I found owt...

Let me know if you got any more details on Sawa

and thanks again

Why not try Sylvesters for some live funk and soul.Live bands every weekend, dj playiny the best in funk ,soul,disco,and we dont forget soulful house.Whatever your age we all want to have fun .Fri 5/11/30/2010 we have live on stage Vernon Lewis and his soul project,and Sat 6/11/2010 we have Reverand Chunky (Leeds finest FUNK SOUL BROTHER) FRI-SAT OPEN UNTIL 2AM . FREE ENTRY DEFINATELY NOT TO BE MISSED

Nov 19th Ju Ju African night-

The JuJu Club brings its special magic to the Old Junior School, South View Road, Sharrow with its second night of African Culture. Papa Al from the JuJu Club has linked up with Rimas, a Kenyan woman, living in Sharrow to create a genuine African vibe in the School Hall, decorating the large area with beautiful African prints (supplied by Rimas), filling the room with the smells of East African food (again supplied by Rimas) and creating an intimate cafe culture atmosphere.

Meanwhile the music will be supllied by DJs Papa Al and Andy Healey, drummers 'Roulement Arts', 'Gold and Green' a fantastic Ghanaian Hip and Reggae crew and a special guest, to be confirmed. The emphasis, as its always been with the JuJu Club, is on dancing, and Angolan dance diva Angelina is on hand to show everyone a few steps and to lead her own dance group 'Mulemba D'Africa' in a fantastic display of contemporary Angolan dance.

£4 (£3 concessions)- available at The Rude Shipyard or Airy Fairy

6 pm- 11 pm.

African food (£4)

All profits from the night go to Alton Maasai, a charity supporting women and children in the Maasai area of Kenya.

Bring your own booze!

What about Nocturnal or the Forum?

today

i'm reading about an appeal for witnesses in sheff star for a viscious attack at the nocturnal and my friend tells me there was a guy got his face slashed last month in the club so i wouldnt recommend that place unless you're very brave

This is what's on at Sawa on Friday, not sure it's what you're after though:

FACEBOOK LINK

Shame it's not the night after, Delve Deeper is on - deep house, Winston Hazel + more DJing, should be good:

FACEBOOK LINK

today

i'm reading about an appeal for witnesses in sheff star for a viscious attack at the nocturnal and my friend tells me there was a guy got his face slashed last month in the club so i wouldnt recommend that place unless you're very brave

its a shame about nocturnal as they have what would be some decent nights in there, but unfortunately in their efforts to get people in with cheap offers it attracts the wrong types. i've never had actual 'trouble' in there myself but dont like to go there personally as fed up of getting groped, followed round or pestered by blokes who wont take a hint - its as bad as kingdom and thats saying something! I would rather pay more to go to a decent night not to be bothered by beer boys and chavs and having to feel on edge. personally i like the plug - feel really at home in there, some great nights and a decent mix of ages. my fave club in sheff by a long way :)

know thats slightly off the original topic but my vote is with plug over nocturnal any day, because of the clientel as opposed to the music.

I like nocturnal because its small and plays good music but now that you mention about the groping, it does trigger some bad memories. Plug is a bit touch and go for my liking and too big - i always liked UG at Zero and Scuba and i think the nocturnal is about the closest you can get to those nowadays although i don't go out that often anymore so i'm not that clued up...